Favor

I thought he knew.

"I have a favor to ask." I replied.

"Sure!" he said without any hesitation.

"Only you know about my family situation, so..." I paused and looked at him.

He nodded and said, " I will help you with anything."

"Today I am taking my sis home. As you said that she remembers the real situation, are you sure she said that?" I asked again to confirm.

"I swear on my life." he replied.

There is no need to swear on life.

I thought to myself.

"So, can you come with me? She reacted when a total stranger was with her, she might act again." I told him my analysis.

"I will be glad to help you. When are we leaving?" he asked.

We cannot take her in dark. She might get scared and have an episode. It's better to take her now.

"It will be better to take her now. Can we?" I asked because it is the time when he teaches me.

"Yeah! Sure!" he packed his bag and agreed to leave with me and help me.

I knew I can trust him. Sis never reacted like this. I guess meeting someone else triggered her and her senses came back. If that's true then living with us can help her recover faster. I only need to take her for a checkup every weekend.

In around half an hour we reached the hospital. I told him to wait for me outside sis's room while I talk with the doctor and take care of the discharge.

"I will take care of discharge." he said.

I agreed with him. It will save time.

Everything went smoothly, thanks to Lucas. We got the permission of discharge and every other detail related to the checkup and her diet.

We together walked to her room. She has already packed her stuff.

She again came running to me.

"You are here!" she said, cheerfully.

"Yes, Mari, and we are going home!" I said.

"I know! See this lady helped me pack my stuff. I want to take this vase! Can I?" she poured and asked for my permission. It's the hospital's property. Can I take it?

I looked at the nurse behind to see her reaction. She nodded as permission to take it.

" If you want it, we can! "I answered.

She gave me a big smile. She looked at Lucas and said," Thank you, brother! "

I am confused. Why is she thanking her when I am the one making decisions. Lucas smiled back at her.

I felt like a fool standing between them but it's okay as long as sis is happy.

Lucas took her bags and she took the vase. She must like it a lot.

While walking back home she was holding my hand tightly because everyone was staring at her. She seemed uncomfortable.

I should have chosen nighttime.

I thought to myself.

Lucas took out a hat from his school bag and made sis wear it.

"Grazie!" she said in Italian. Lucas looked at me for translation.

"Thank you" I mouthed.

The rest of the trip to home was nothing now sis was okay but I am still concerned about her reaction when she will see our house.

"Lucas! You can go back! Thank you for your help!" I said. I don't want him to see our much worse conditions.

"Okay! Here." he handed me the bag and a chit.

"It's my number. Call me afterward." he said and left. He did wave at sis.

I covered sis eyes with my hands. I decided to open it when we are inside.

When I let her open her eyes, she was surprised and gave the reaction completely opposite to what I expected.

She looks happy.

She placed the vase near the window. She washed her hands herself and was running all over in this small space.

"Do you like it here?" I asked to reassure myself.

"I do!" she said, cheerfully.

I arranged her clothes in the closet. Mom said that she will be back soon. I guess she will be back in an hour. I hope she won't nag about the fact that I bought sis home.

After running around, she was tired and fell asleep. I completed my homework because I don't want someone else to nag at me.

As soon as I completed my homework, mom came back.

"I am back!" she said and washed her hands.

"Mom!" sis immediately woke up after listening to her voice.

She had the same reaction like she has when she sees me at the hospital.

Mom hugged her back.

I was worried.

"Hon, how are you?" she asked sis.

"As fit as always." she answered. She always gives the same answer.

"Here, I brought something for you guys!" she said and went in the kitchen. I guess she bought something to eat.