Rules

Me? BETRAYER?

“What?” I said in a shocking tone and tried to keep my volume down.

“Lei sta esagerando” Ava said in Italian.

She said that Miley is overreacting but the reason?

“Shhh!” Miley shushed Ava.

“Lei sa che entrambi conosciamo l’italiano.” Ava said even though Miley told her to keep quiet. After completing her sentence she showed togue to Miley as a sign of being a brat to her.

“It’s nothing she said that you know that we both know Italian.” I explained to her.

“In both the sentences?” She questioned.

If I will tell her about the first one then she might start a fight here. Lucas told me that she is a black belt.

“Yeah...” I said.

If someone who knows me well was here then they would have known that I am lying.

“Okay then! Why did you leave without telling us? I am sure Ava told you about waiting for us and that we will go together.” She interrogated me.

She did tell me to wait but Lucas took me.

“It was me.” Lucas appeared and said.

“Bro...!” Miley said in a complaining tone. She changed her seat and sat in front of him.

“Why?” she questioned directly and glared at him.

“My life, my-”

“Wayyyyy... I know but I wanted to be friends with her, so today she is coming with me.” She said and took a promise from him but I cannot go with them I have to bring my sister home.

“I... I cannot.” I said after hesitating a bit.

“Why!?” Ava asked.

It feels like she was also excited to know me more.

“Lucas... Can you... Co-”

“I will.”

Before completing my sentence he answered me. He knew what I wanted to ask?

“Let her complete.” Miley complained again.

“I know what she wanted to ask.” He said this and opened his coursebook and started to study.

The first period has still not started and he is already studying.

“Eww...“Miley said in disgust.

“It’s like she is allergic to studies.“Ava said and chuckled.

“Okay, Sophie! I am forgiving you for yesterday and if you cannot make up for it...” she sighed.

“It’s fine but..” she continued.

“We will have lunch together, okay?” she requested.

“Sure” I said.

“I need to tell you something. Corner seat, remember!” she whispered and went back to her seat. Ava followed her and sat on her seat too.

What is it that she wants to tell me?

I questioned to myself. I have realized one thing that since I am here, I am more confused than ever. Well, before I didn’t have to do much work and now I need to do everything.

I guess my smartness is drained in housework.

The time between the lunch and the first period was as slow as a snail. I thought I might die if the bell had not rung on time.

Again, my focus was on the ground floor, where Noah was playing with his friends. He was again in my mind. After what happened on my way here, it’s hard to believe what Lucas said but I think I am going to believe him for now. He is the only one who knows about sis and dad and I guess I am the only one who knows about his past.

I, first left the class to occupy the corner seat.

As usual, the cafeteria was in a hustle. I remember that this their area but as long as I am with Miley, they cannot provoke me.

After a few moments, Miley and Ava came with a tray in their hands but Ava was holding two.

She kept the other tray in front of me and gave me the spoon and fork. It was nothing special to eat. Only rice, some meat, and salad but still it reassured me, it felt like my old days. I smirked as she kept the tray in front.

“What happened?” Ava wondered.

“Me? Nothing.” I said. I guess she caught me smirking even though my hair was in between.

“So...What was it that you need to tell me?” I asked Miley as I take a bite of rice.

“Yeah! I need to explain to you the rules.”

“Rules?” I asked.

She continued, ” Yes! It’s important! As you already know that this side belongs to them and the staff room side belongs to me. This is the basic. As for the next, listen carefully. Noah; belongs to Gwen, no one has a right to him. Until and unless Noah tells himself. A few years ago, Noah announced that he only belongs to Gwen and that’s when their group was formed. You might not know but... At that time Noah and bro used to be best friends and that’s when he announced that he has his own life and does not belong to anybody but Lisa likes him a lot, so to have some time for herself the group decided that he belongs to everyone.”

She said a took a sip from her juice. Till the time she said this my lunch was finished. It is a nice story.

“I know they were friends.” I said that loud, by mistake.

Ava almost choked on her juice and Miley was shocked.

“What?” I asked.

“Who told you?” Ava asked.

They both held my hands so that I cannot run away but why will I run?

“Lucas...” I said, confused.

“Oh, Freak!” Miley shouted and banged the bench.