Chapter 1

Arthur's POV
Many find me over imaginative. I don't think so, they tell me what to do, boss me around, but they can't control my thoughts. I own them.

"Arthur hurry up! Or do you want to back out of our deal?". That was Daniel's head in my room.
"In your dreams" I laughed, "I'll be down soon". He sighs and leaves.

He has to do all I ask him for a week, else dad will know who goes through his things in his absence. You see the thing is my dad doesn't like people going through his stuff. Not even mum.

Some minutes later, we are in Daniel's car. He got a car from my dad on his seventeenth birthday." Lucky him". Daniel is in the driver's seat, Charming in the back seat and me in the passenger seat.

"What do you think of her?" Charming asked with a smirk.

" Who" I asked, confused.

"Beck" he said. " Beckibel Sanders? You know the new one in class?"

I gave him a mocking look. But said nothing. I know he is going to charm her. He wouldn't be Charming if he didn't.

"Are you going to tell me what you took from Dad's office? As far as I'm concerned, you're not going to add that to the story" Daniel said, calling the video I took of him getting into the forbidden place a story.

"First of all, it did happen. So it's not a mere story. Second, I took nothing. That place is so dusty" a look at him told me he wasn't buying it "you don't like books , why do you go there" I added hopping he'll be answering questions and not me.

"The question is still on you, Arthur. Tell me " I mentally slapped myself.

"Ok, fine I'll tell you" at this point Charming was interested too. I took an old book out. It looked like it was older than Daniel even dad perhaps. It was brown in colour. The first page read "my magic cap". They looked at each other and at me and bust out laughing.

"Bro, you are old for bedtime stories. Grow up, man" Charming.

Thank God, Daniel is parking the car. I rush out of the car . Charming follows still laughing. I ignored him.

Please comment and vote😫. I'll keep updating
What do you think will happen next?

Immediately Charming and I get in class, he spots Beck. Phew I'm forgotten for now. I take my seat, take the book out for more examination. I read some pages, this book is so fascinating but my friends won't see it the way I do.

They mocked me about three years ago, when we were twelve years old .
My parents , Daniel and I had gone to late Aunt Rita's house. She was my mum's younger sister. Aunt Monica is mum's youngest sister.
My parents told me that Aunt Rita had an accident.
"A car crash" they said when I insisted on knowing what had happened to her.
"I don't believe them. I have a feeling that on the night they presumed "accident" happened, she had been sleeping in her queen size bed, some of her money flew out of one of her safes , bundled up into a huge rope . I'm sure the rope of money dragged her out of bed to wherever she was found or at least that she died out of eating too much. She was slim though. Too much; traveling, enjoying, money" I had told my friends, but they laughed at me.
Aunt Rita had it all. I know she has about thirty Victorian houses she rented out. All have pretty modern equipments. Lawn mowers of various types. Large pools, cooking equipments of various types and style although they do pretty much the same thing. I found most of the things she got not a priority. Cars? "Name them she changes her cars monthly" her chauffeur had often told me.
I wish she had used all this money on the orphans .
That she had bought an island. Set up a whole community of her own. She had enough to start a community of her own.

Our chemistry tutor walks in. I put the book away. He starts explaining something on mole concept.

As I was saying. She could set it up.
Put up banks, houses, police stations, cars, hospitals. Everything needed in a city, but this city purposely for orphans.

"Could I please borrow your chemistry note" that is my friend Katie.

"Yeah, sure..." I begun but I realize I was day dreaming during the lesson "no, I'm sorry Katie, I don't have the notes"

"I know" she says. " I didn't see you jotting a thing"

She likes making fun of me too.
Charming comes over "are we going for lunch or not"

"Yes" Katie and I respond in unison.

We set off for the canteen.
"I'm going to take an audition for the talented."Katie announced joyfully.

"Are you going to dance or sing" Charming asked.
" Dance" she said.
"We'll come watch you" I announced. Where? I'm sure it's at Saneville auditorium. She's a good dancer. She's also a good friend.