The Lucky Find (Kenyako)

Requested by: My best friend, Ryker. 

Warnings: Just that it's [a lot of] fluff.

The Lucky Find

Miyako was walking to school today, as usual. But something was missing, and that was her friends. Her two friends were called absent today; Cody was too sick to go to school (she tried to save him from the Monday's mystery meatloaf), and TK had broken his whole leg from basketball practice! (Takeru had always told her that he would never miss school for a broken limb) Miyako wasn't dreaming. She was indeed walking alone to school today, or maybe even for the rest of the week!

"They better dig their graves, 'cause I'm gonna murder them! They'll regret leaving me alone!" She vowed to the sky, then continued being gloomy. Miyako entered the classroom, she scanned the crowd. The girls were chatting, the boys were being boys, and no Hikari in sight!

'Maybe she went to the bathroom? Yeah, that's totally it!' She reassured herself. Too bad it only worked for the first two periods.

On the school's rooftop

Miyako hadn't spot her all morning, and she was truly growing tired of searching for people who didn't want to be find. Soon enough, she spotted Hikari on the roof, eating a bento all alone. 'She's gonna get it now!' Miyako grinned as she headed over to Hikari.

"Hikari, I finally found you," Miyako angrily downed her lunch her throat, swallowing the bits and rushing over to Hikari at the same time, "and I'm glad I didn't choke!"

"Oh, hey Miyako!" Hikari smiled lightly, looking up at her tomato-faced friend. "Is something the matter?"

"Of course. First, Cody gets called sick 'cause of that mystery meatloaf we had yesterday, and then Takeru gets a broken limb and claims he can't go to school today; maybe even for the rest of the week! Than you weren't in class for two periods, and I was alone, and I went looking for you, and now I had found you!" Miyako breathed, "So yeah, that's the matter!"

Hikari blinked, then giggled. "S-Sorry, it's just that I asked Ken to tell you that I—" Miyako grabbed both of Hikari's hands, her eyes sparkling. It was sudden, but she needs to know if she was mishearing things.

"D-Did you just say Ken? As in Ken Ichijouji? As in my soulmate?" Hikari slowly nodded, a bit startled from the action of her dear friend Miyako, who seems really happy.

"Before you start rambling on, and on about him, I got his phone number and Kik, so you can fan-girl when I'm not around," Hikari took Miyako's phone and typed in Ken's number, then handed it back to her, "Okay?" 

Miyako nodded, her head still spinning from all the new information given to her.

She was going to text Ken as soon as she gets home.

At home

'Alright, I'm going to text him!' With that thought in mind, she walked up the stairs, and turned right into her room. Miyako flopped on her stomach on the bed and pulled out her phone. She breathed, scrolling through her contacts on Kik before clicking on Ken's.