Chapter seven

Blizzardstar led Skypelt and the others' to his camp, hoping for good news that Harebreeze and his patrol was found.
Blizzardstar turned his head when they crossed from OakClan's territory to his. "We'll go investigate where they were last seen, up ahead by that pond."

"You mean the Pond of Light...Hickoryfeather used it for communication with The Ones', if they were taken there, only bloodshed will follow." Embertail spoke as he walked beside Beechfur.

"Then I guess it shall as my sister is missing as well." Blizzardstar said, the Pond of Light coming into view. It was shallow but deep, rain drops falling upon it causing ripples to gently start waving, frogs leaping into the pond, small reeds poking through. "Acornclaw, Flamepelt and Goldfang were with her here, as they told me, when Harebreeze and his patrol came," Blizzardstar turned around and pointed down a trail that led from the Pond of Light to OakClan's dark forest, "from that way."

"And Rivereye, Grasspelt, Rosedusk, and two others' approached from the moorlands. One was white with a black face, and another had a black, white and brown pelt." Goldfang said when she flicked her tail, "Icedrift insisted we make sure they pay for happened to Moledusk."

"Badgerface and Bumblefur...brother and sister to Rivereye, Rosedusk and Eaglecry as well." Skypelt said as she looked down the trail, then looking across the moorland, gray stormclouds forming, thunder booming in the distance.

Blizzardstar began to growl, imagining what happened. Icedrift always fought, not caring about anyone but herself. "What happened next??" He said lowly, eyes low.

Goldfang glanced to Acornclaw and Flamepelt, both looking down. "We attacked...with the help of OakClan."

"But they wasn't alone! LeafClan-"

"Did you recognize any of their warriors before you continue the story??" Beechfur spoke quietly.

Goldfang began to think, Acornclaw looked to his father, Blizzardstar, then back to Beechfur. "It was a golden-brown she-cat, a golden she-cat, a white tom with stripes, and a dark-brown she-cat."

After a few moments, Blizzardstar spoke. "You have keen eyes, Acornclaw," he complimented his son. "Do you know these warriors of LeafClan??"

"Yes we do." Skypelt said as her pelt bristled amongst the rain. "Mudheart, the golden-brown she-cat, and Rainfoot is the golden one. The white tom with stripes is known as Tigerflame, and the last is Lightbloom...my sister."

"Do you have any idea where they could've taken them?? With this rain coming, I don't think we'll get far." Flamepelt questioned, glancing to the sky.

Blizzardstar flicked his ear before turning around. "We've scouted their territory when we first came here, but this isn't our land."

"I see why the leaders' were looking at you at the gathering," Embertail said. "What else do you know??" He asked MossClan's leader. Acornclaw bared his teeth as he watched Embertail.

Skypelt and Beechfur walked to Embertail, Yarrowpaw slinking behind, eyes on Acornclaw. Flamepelt opened her mouth but Beechfur began to speak.
"Like she said, we won't get far with this rain coming...let's say we talk this over at your camp, Blizzardstar??"

Beware

Beware

"That would be appropriate, to say the least." He glanced to MoorClans' territory, eyes misting over with emotions as his tail flicked once. Acornclaw narrowed his eyes following his father, Flamepelt and Goldfang doing the same.

Yarrowpaw slowed down his breathing from beside Skypelt. Beechfur quickly nudging Embertail who scoffed. "We're supposed to have them trust us as Lichenstar ordered!" He whispered lowly to the ginger tom.