Chapter nine

It was a bit past dawn, the sun between the few leaves that were still upon the oak trees within their territory. Lichenstar, Beechfur, Skypelt, and Embertail stood near the entrance to camp, Birdflight, and Yarrowpaw behind them. Finchlight breathed out, "Don't mention anything to Astercave if she asks, the others' are growing wary of her,"

"If what you say is true about Omega and Medusa then they have what's coming to them," Embertail growled.

"They're not here to be allies-" Birdflight began but Lichenstar shot a glare her way.

"Enough, Birdflight. I will do, Finchlight. I wish we could leave a warrior with you but we have to rescue our Clanmates."

The gray pelted tom nodded, Mistpaw, Smokepaw, and Sootpaw coming to stand beside him. "We'll protect the camp while you're away." She said, claws glinting. Smokepaw and Sootpaw nodding twice.

"We'll be fine until you come back, Lichenstar, just remember." He spoke while they looked into each other eyes, trust building.

The brown and white leader nodded, turned and led her warriors out of camp, each going into their role. Anticipation could be felt from Lichenstar, her eyes determined. Skypelt ran alongside her, a calming energy keeping her thoughts clear. Beechfur was angry, angry his mate had been taken captive from him, MoorClan would pay. Embertail couldn't help but feel anger as well, but it was directed towards Lichenstar. This fight was for Beepaw and nobody else, the others could hate him for all he cared.

Birdflight was excited for this was her first battle as a warrior. She had come far and now was her opportunity to give back to OakClan where her legacy began, and will continue. She glanced back to Yarrowpaw, his face was nervous, but determined. "Don't be nervous, Yarrowpaw, and don't be scared! A scared apprentice will never make a strong warrior!"

He began to nod and his stomach rumbles. He hated battle, he dreaded it, but he knew he wanted to live. "It's easy to say now,"

"And it will be easy to do! Don't think about it, just do it!"

"She's right, Yarrowpaw. You've had enough training for the past four moons'." Skypelt said to him from ahead. "This won't be your last battle nor your first, you have to get over being nervous."
The black tom nodded, a scowl showing on his face.

Some bird's chirped throughout the forest; some were loud, some were soft, their melodies carrying loudly, warning what was coming. The cats' of OakClan didn't stop, they kept running to MoorClan's border.
~~~~~

"It hurts, doesn't it?!" Carpstar spat lowly to Hailpaw. Glademask stood beside the young apprentice, blood upon his paws, Sunstar and Rivereye sat near, looking forward. "I believe Sunstar told you not to say anything to OakClan."

"My mother is going to kill you," Foxfoot hissed, "She's just an apprentice!"

Sunstar rose, his gold and white pelt bristling slightly. "She know the rules of my camp like any other one of you. She's lucky she's just receiving this." He waved his paw lazily, Glademask removing a paw from Hailpaw's face, blood pouring out. "Take them away, Rivereye."

The brown-tailed tom nodded, nudging Foxfoot away, Glademask doing the same to Hailpaw, her limp form still. "I think you over did it, Glademask." Carpstar said as she came over to her, moving her head with her paw. Hailpaw groaned with pain as the light-brown tom led her away. "Now they're away, what are we going to do about your prisoners?? They've been here a quarter-moon now hasn't it?? I thought OakClan would've came for their precious deputy by now!"

Sunstar rose and looked towards Carpstar, ears flattening, "You were the one who suggested we ambush them! You were certain they would've came the next day!"