˚✧₊⁎ Chapter 40 ⁺˳✧༚

A/N's POV

A/N's POV

Ayeong accompanied Jay to his parents' house as promised and they revealed that they faked their engagement so that Jay won't marry a stranger he doesn't love nor know. The atmosphere at that time was really tense since Jay's father was fuming mad at Jay's ridiculousness. Thankfully his mother calmed him down.

Niki and Ayeong also cleared up all their misunderstandings, as Niki was about to explain his side Ayeong cut him off and said "I know."

Ayeong also discovered that the boy in her dream was Niki during the time she fell asleep on Niki's shoulder on the bus.

-

Ayeong was now headed to the boba shop that they used to go to, wearing the necklace Niki gave. If you're wondering if she ever gave him the gift she bought, she did not due to the sudden confession Niki made but now she is ready to answer him and will give the gift to him.

Ayeong's POV

"You're here early." I said while tilting my head as I spotted Niki approach me at the table.

"Well you said it was an emerge- WAIT IS THAT!" Pointing to the jewelry hanging around my neck.

"What?" I acted obliviously to tease him.

"Am I dreaming right now?!" He said not being able to grasp the situation. I stood up from my seat and crouched beside his seat.

"Niki-ah~" I adoringly said.

"What?" He turned his head to face me and I quickly pecked his lips.

"You're not dreaming bun, I'm ready now." I said while having a smile plastered all over my face. He stood up from his seat and carried me while in a hug.

Ugh he's lucky there are no customers and I asked the employees to not be in the café because I knew this would happen. I hate people staring I swear to God.

"Yes! OMG, I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCHH! I PROMISE I WON'T EVER BE STUPID AGAIN AND I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU STARTING FROM NOW ON." He said happily and I replied with an "I love you too." He hugged me tighter and kissed me.

"YOU BETTER OR YOU'LL GET A BEATING!" Heeseung oppa suddenly appeared with the others agreeing with him while he was pointing at Niki. I sighed cause he butted in our sweet moment, damn him.

"Hey! Privacy please!" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Mind your attitude, not because you have a boyfriend now doesn't mean you can act like that." He scoffed as he crosses his arms. The others proceeded to congratulate Niki and I for getting back together.

-

I can't believe that I finally met my happy ending. It really took a while before I got it but it's all worth it in the end.

It goes with the saying that happiness is made from sacrifices. So much happened in a span of 2 years or so.

My personality also changed, more like I'm back to my old self now because of a certain someone and that is Niki. It's cliché how we met by bumping into each other to slowly becoming friends to something more and encountering problems.

Now, here we are graduating from college. Time really flew by, one thing I learned throughout my senior year is that love and friendship will be able to help you cope during your darkest times, though it may be difficult but in the end, it will be satisfactory because they gave me a reason to stay strong and to live my life to the fullest.

They saved me, he saved me from this cruel world.

-

AAAA you guys this story finally ended 🥺 I'm sorry if it's kind of rushed but I will now be working on my book though it may take a few months before I publish it :)) Thank you so much for the support and 1k reads! I love you all! Till next time !!! <33

ENHA'S CB WILL BE IN 2 DAYS, IT WILL BE RELEASED AT 6 PM KST MAKE SURE TO STREAM IT AND VOTE SO THAT SUNGHOON CAN GIVE HIS MEMBERS THE AWARD IN MUBANK DURING HIS TIME AS AN MC !! LETCHUGOO !!!