Chapter 2: Just Dance

We both survived the bumpy bus ride without getting anything spilled on us. Thank god, this is my favorite sweatshirt.

Once we finally arrived at my house, we said hello to my family, then dashed upstairs to get me ready for the party. Right now, I am rummaging through my closet in a search for the perfect dress.

"How about this one?" I ask Ellie, holding up a knee length, black, lace dress. She is currently lounging on my cream colored bed, helping me with the decision.

"Nah, that's more of a club dress. How about that one near the back?" She asks, pointing to a plain, grey one. I furrow my eyebrows.

"I thought this was formal." I tell her, carefully placing the black dress back into the closet. Behind me, she shrugs.

"I mean, it's not like you're going to the prom. Heck, you could probably wear pajamas if you wanted to." Scoffing, I turn to glance at her. I stare at her until she throws her hands up in surrender.

"Alright, maybe not. Just find a not-too-formal dress. I think pretty much everyone there is gonna be wearing sweaters and stuff anyways. Do you even have anything like that in here?" She questions, standing and striding towards my closet. She rummages through my dresses until she spontaneously shouts.

"Aha! This one is perfect! It's even got sleeves for the cold weather!" She tells me, grabbing one of my favorite dresses. It's beige and black, with half sleeves and pockets. It's knee length and goes with every pair of heels that I own.

"Well, I do love that dress, but even though it has sleeves, don't you think it's a little cold outside for that?" I ask her. She contemplates this for a second.

"Also, I don't want to be the only one besides you who is wearing a dress. How about we just pick out a regular outfit?" I add. She finally nods and agrees with me.

"Alright cool. Let's go ahead and find a sweatshirt or something comfortable." She tells me, looking around my room. I look with her, and ten minutes later, we have a fully developed outfit.

It consists of black leather pants, brown combat boots, and a caramel colored cotton sweater. I also chose this really long necklace that has a black charm at the end. It practically goes with everything.

"How did not see this before? It's great. Here, lemme try it on." I tell her, extending my arm out to reach for the item of clothing. She let's me take it and I jog into my bathroom.

I quickly strip (not like that you creepy, dirty people -_-) down to my undergarments and replace my school clothes with the casual sweater and tight leather pants. It fits me perfectly in all the right places, and is one of the few outfits that don't make my legs look like twigs. I notice that there is a lot of black in this outfit, but I'm alright with that. Black goes with everything, apparently.

I pose for a bit in the mirror (What? Don't act like you don't do this once and a while), then see my made-up face for the second time today. Since Ellie is up to date with everything fashion, it would only make sense if she was great at doing makeup. She refreshed my normal makeup, and then added a bit of brown eyeshadow and dark pink blush. I have to admit, I look pretty good. I fiddle with my curled hair until Ellie yells at me for taking too long. I step out of my bathroom door to find Ellie sitting patiently on my bed. Once she sees me, she grins and runs up to me.

"Woah girl, work it! You look gorgeous!" She exclaims, looking me up and down. I smile and do a little twirl around the room. She gives me a thumbs up.

"Alright, now we gotta find some clothes for me!" She exclaims, searching through my closet once more. I groan loudly. This is gonna be a long night.