| tredecim |

"Are you sure it's okay for me to come? I mean, they're your close friends. The bestest of friends." I asked Sujie.

She said we're going on a picnic today with her squad, which was her squad for years. 8 years and counting to be exact. I might feel like an outsider. It has been a week since I have been living with Sujie. It was a great experience but I kept on seeing the book glow. I have duties that I am denying because of my stay here.

I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. After all, as Sujie said, we all deserve a beach break.

"Yes I am. They're a bunch of crazy yet loving people." She said. They sure will be good looking.

"Who are they again?" I asked.

"Well there's my bestie Kate Gallimba, then Krista Thea Batayo for the girls." she said packing her famous home made clubhouse sandwich.

"Then the boys are Eliyahu Lagumbay and Gabriel Nalda."

She said and I nodded. So it's five of them huh? That's nice.

I shook my head when I saw the book glowing but I shrugged it off.

"Okay everything's ready! Let's go to the beaachhhh!" She screamed.

I smiled.

I never really enjoyed the beach. To be honest, I never really enjoyed stuff at all.

We drove to the beach and stopped at one cottage. There we saw her friends and she squealed on the top of her lungs that I think my eardrums have gone out. She excitedly got down and hugged the people one by one.

"I MISSED YOU GUYS!" She yelled.

The people hugged her back.

"Guys, sinama ko friend ko si V. Dala namin yung sandwiches. Arat kain na us." She said.

They nodded.

"Ako na dyan V." One guy said. He was tall. 5'8 ganun. He had abs and a nice body but not as nice as Hades'

"Gab nga pala." He said and smiled. He's so charming. But I bet he's young.

"V, nice to meet you. Maliligo ka?" I asked. He nodded.

"Lahat naman kasi kami adik-adik sa dagat. Lalo na yung tatlong babae. Pero ang pinaka malala si Eliyahu. Kakagaling lang ng dagat, dadagat nanaman ulit." He said and chuckled.

"Hoi narinig ko yon! Grabe ka, ke bago bago ng kasama natin sinisiraan mo kaagad ako." the Eliyahu guy pouted. He's cute too. Lean and tall. He's as tall as Gab.

He's that 'matangkad na payat' that every dalagang filipina has a story with as Sujie said.

I chuckled.

We sat near the shore together. I smiled. They were so welcoming and nice.

"Say, ano kukunin mong strand sa senior high?" Kate asked Sujie.

"Abm syempre, kahit mahirap. Kailangan na mag retire ni papa so.. on hold muna mga pangarap ko. Ikaw ate Kris?" She asked Thea.

"TVL. Alam mo naman na gusto ko mag chef. I have a soft spot in the kitchen. Ikaw El?"

"Ano.. Di ko pa sigurado, pero plano ko ICT."

"Ikaw Gab? Ano pangarap mo sa buhay?" Kate asked.

"Kung ano nalang mapagdesisyunan yun na."

I smiled at them. They had so much ahead of them. They were so nice and friendly. My stay turned my personality around. With Sujie, I am no longer Vweu but V, her friend. Now, I finally have someone who's by my side besides my sister.

"Ikaw V? Any plans in the future? Ano ba gusto mo maging?" Thea asked.

I looked at them and shook my head as I enjoyed the beauty of the water.

For the first time in decades, I smiled. A real one.

"I only want one thing in the future," I started.

"What is it?" asked Eli.

I took a deep breath and said,

"To be genuinely happy." I said in a little voice.

I thought that they would laugh at me, but the opposite happened. Each one of them side hugged me. On my left was Eli and on my right was Sujie. On my left back was Krista and on my right was Kate and Gab was on the middle of my back.

"It's hard to be happy Vweu. We know that. Everyday we grow. We want that as well, but not as deep as you need it. Everyone deserves to be happy Vweu. Go find your happiness. You'll genuinely be happy soon." Sujie said.

"Hindi naman kasi madali maging masaya at makahanap ng kaligayahan. Kanya kanyang laban tayo sa buhay. May kanya kanya tayong hirap at problema na dinaranas. Kailangan lang natin ng paraan kung paano maging masaya kahit mundo na mismo ang pumipigil saatin." Kate added.

"Don't let the world ruin your smile V. Ruin the world with your smile instead." Eliyahu added.

I sighed in relief. If you surround yourself with positive people, no wonder you'll be positive too.

"Hoi tama na mga drama neng. Arat ligo!!!" Gab yelled and we all laughed as we sprinted to the beach.

The water was great, but so was the smile of my friends.

Yes.

After a long while, I realized that it was good to have friends. They're good for your soul and you're also good to them. Eli was splashing water around which ended to him and Kate's fight. Gab and Thea was talking while Sujie is practicing how to swim. I must say, she's not a good swimmer.

"Tatttiii ayoko na. Suko na ako lumangoy, malulumos ako pag wala ka." She cried.

Yeahp. It's true. I chuckled and swam towards her making sure she doesn't drown. She calls Kate Tati for some reason.

"Kalmahan mo lang kasi Suj, sige ka malulunod ka." I warned her playfully.

She pouted.

What a great day.

Smiled as I swam to the crystal waters.

Maybe risking a split second to be happy is worth a while than to not experience happiness at all. I know things like this will never last but now I am willing to risk it all to be happy. Little by little, baby steps I will try to trust people.

I will try to trust Hades,

I just hope he won't have a heart to break it.

-Vwrites-
Yiiiee may nagbabago na ho.
Anywhoo thank you childhood bestfriends for
letting me use your names for this chapter. I love you guys
Dedicated to sa inyo:
@Kate Gallimba
@Eliyahu Lagumbay
@Gabriel Nalda
@Krista Thea Batayo