Dinner

Here I am, sitting on a big stone in the forest.

After I had shifted a few hours ago, I ran into the forest as fast as I could. Well, it's not like I wasn't shocked or anything, but my biggest problem right now is shifting back. I have no idea of how to do that. So, as I mentioned earlier, I'm sitting on a stone and I'm almost getting the idea of my life right now.

A mess.

I can't go back to my house and there's another problem; I'm hungry and I forgot to take food with me. Somehow I managed to take the robe with the sword and compass in my mouth, but food is what I forgot. I might be a wolf, but come on, I don't know how to hunt.

I stood up and started walking around, that's when I heard a sound coming from the bushes. A weird but tasty looking animal appeared. It started making weird noises and walking around.

After a few minutes of watching delicious dinner walking in front of me, I couldn't take it anymore, hunger took control of me. So, following my instincts, I jumped on the creature and started biting it. After a short time, it stopped moving and breathing completely.

I killed it, my first victim.

I didn't want to eat it yet, because there was way too much blood. That did go against the rules of my inner human.
So instead of eating it, I took it into my mouth together with the other stuff I had and started looking for water.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Wow, I'm currently standing in front of a huge lake. this will do the job.

I dropped my stuff on the floor and started rinsing the meat until there wasn't much blood left, then I ate it. My expectations were for it to be awful, since I didn't cook it, but it tasted just like cooked meat- perhaps even better.

After I was done eating, I walked into the water. The cool liquid surrounded me and I closed my eyes, this was just what I needed. The coolness embraced my arms and legs. I could feel my heartbeat getting slower and my problems drifting away, I slowly opened my eyes and felt relieved when I saw what had happened.

I had shifted back.

Phew, I never imagined that I would say this but- it felt good to be human again. There was only one disadvantage to being a human; it was cold without a fur.
It was freezing! I quickly got out of the water and dried myself off with the robe, after I was done putting on my clothes I sat against a tree. All kinds of questions started to form in my head, but there was only one that kept bothering me.

What should I do now? I mean, I don't have anything to prove anymore, I am a werewolf and there's no way to doubt it. Perhaps going to 'Ireland' is my only option, I could join the other wolves. Yeah, that seems like a good idea.
I grabbed the compass and started walking.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

I've been walking for a few hours straight and it's starting to get dark already, I already searched for a place to sleep, but there was nothing. So I've decided to stay the night in a tree, there's one big tree right in front of me and its roots should make it easier for me to climb up.

I tied my things to my back and started climbing. Fifteen minutes later, I safely sat on a big branch.

Yes, I made it- after falling down three times... It's not like I'm the sportive type or something, I'm pretty lazy, so this was quite an achievement for me.
Slowly making myself comfortable, I closed my eyes. No matter how hard I tried, that night, sleep didn't come to me. All of the the things that happened that day hit me like an untamed beasts kick.

I am never going to see my family and friends again. I'm going to start a new life.

A/N :
Hi, everyone!
- A photo of the beautiful lake that Irvin sees ---> I do not own the picture, it was taken by: Tanpyad.
- Please comment, like, follow~~ etc!
- this chapter is short, I know, but the next one will be longer I promise!
- Tell me what you think, what does Irvin look like according to you? :)
And keep in mind: ~"Only dead fish go with the flow"~

\(^_^)/ -RavenWolf18