Horror forest?

It was dark outside, I could hear a wolf's howling. Am I able to do that too?

We've just arrived at a small wooden house at the beginning of one of the most dangerous forests I've ever heard of. Since people often compare 'mutations' to 'magic', it's called The magic forest- creative, huh? If there would be things on this planet like wizards, fairies, yetis or werewolves, that forest is the place to meet them. Though, any living thing that has heard the stories, probably wouldn't dare to enter it. It is said that all of the creatures in there aren't as kind and loving as they are expected to be.

Have I told you already?

The fireflies in that forest eat skin in order to survive.

The howling stopped, a dangerous growling sound came from the bushes. I jumped off of the animal that rode me here and looked at Archibald, who didn't seem to be bothered one bit.

There was a loud bark, which made me jump. A bright green light flashed from the bushes, it made me close my eyes.
It was when that happened, that Archibald walked towards it and kneeled. I heard him whispering. What the...- this might be the craziest thing I've ever witnessed, a guy talking to a plant. Ok, perhaps I've witnessed worse, but that doesn't mean that this is normal.

Just when I was about to ask what he was doing, he turned around. "Irvin, I want to introduce you to Venom". A creature came from behind him and sat in front of me.

"A wolf?", I asked, while eyeing it from head to paw.

"It's a tamed one, so it prefers to be called a dog. No scrap that, never call it by the name 'dog', Venom is the name I gave it." I looked at him suspiciously.

"So, Venom understands our language?"

"What? No, like I said, it's a dog." Wow, and he just told me not to call it a dog.

"But... I heard you whispering." he sighed and put his right hand on his forehead.

"You also tell a baby to stop with crying even though it doesn't understand you, don't you understand anything."
Okay, no need to be mad at me for not knowing. Perhaps, I should just change the subject.

"So, that's your house?", I asked, pointing to the wooden house.

"Jup, come on, let's go in before something else crosses our way." He started walking. Actually, he seems quite talkative, I should ask him some more.

"Why would someone like you live here, at the beginning of this magical forest, Archibald?"

"I have saved over a hundred lives, by stopping people from entering. By the way, just call me Arch."

"What does that have to do with my question? You don't even seem like a generous person, you're a thief for old Merlin's sake." He opened the door and we walked in. The house was really comfy from the inside, there was only one floor, but it had everything you needed. He walked towards the kitchen and started preparing something.

"I might not me generous, but people are, once you save their lives. They usually give me something as a token of appreciation, like a necklace or food, sometimes even money. Would you light up the fireplace?" I should've known this bastard, well, at least he saved some lives. I walked towards the fireplace and lit it.

The fire burned slowly, the warmth was spreading throughout my body. I closed my eyes, feeling it, starting with the tip of my fingers. Savouring every inch. It was deadly, I knew, but there was nothing to stop me. I could feel myself being drawn closer to it and I heard the howling again.

Suddenly, I was pulled back. The howling stopped and my name was heard in the background, I opened my eyes and saw Arch standing there. "Irvin, what the hell are you doing?", he yelled at me. Venom was standing next to us, even he was looking weirdly at me.

"What are you talking about? I must've fallen asleep, I'm tired you know." He didn't trust me, the look he gave me said it all.

"Sit and eat, after that, I'll show you where to sleep". He motioned to a chair and sat on the one next to it.

"I'm not your dog, you know". I stood up and sat down on the chair. He tossed Venom something before smirking again.

"You sure act like one. You know Irvin, you're an 'all bark no bite'.

What.

"What do you mean by that, I can bite- I mean, fight." It took a bite from the mysterious meat he had given me. "If that's what you're referring to."

"Yeah, I've noticed. Like that one time when you got arrested before you could say your own name". I could show him some of my skills, I mean, my dad has learnt me how to fight. Self defence against wild animals is crucial when hunting.

"Why don't we have a one-on-one battle right now. Man-to-man, come on", I said, standing up. Venom started barking enthusiastically. Arch really looked shocked by my sudden declaration of war, but he recovered from it really fast as he saw how tired I was.

Okay, this isn't a good idea. What should I do, I can't even back away now.
He stood up and walked towards another door, motioning for me to follow him.

We ended up in a place that looked like a garden. "This is the only place, where being at night isn't that dangerous", he said when seeing the confused look on my face. "So, you wanted to fight, huh?" He positioned himself in front of me and looked into my eyes deadly.

It's now or never, I thought before kneeling a bit and taking the position my father had taught me.

A/N :
Hey everyone,
So, I faced some problems yesterday, while I wanted to update. It simply wouldn't work.
I continuously tried it yesterday and this morning and I've finally succeeded in doing so:D
Link to the picture--->https://monsterminions.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/20120717-225048.jpg

My apologies for the late update.

Greetings from RavenWolf18