Chapter 3

"Chapter 3"

''You're a werewolf,'' I said without warning and her eyes widened. The bag of chips fell from her hands, spilling its contents on the bed.

She looked terrified and I realized I should have probably been more subtle.

''Don't worry, Chelsy. I'm not freaking out or anything.'' I said and sighed when she kept the same exact expression.

''Look, I don't really blame you and I could never keep something like that against you because then I'd be a major hypocrite,'' I said and this time her eyebrows furrowed.

''Did Jonah tell you?'' She asked with a small voice. I nodded my head and waited to see if she was going to connect the dots.

We spent a few minutes in silence and then she spoke again. ''How did you say you know Jonah?'' She asked and finally, she started thinking smartly.

''We were best friends.'' She seemed to be thinking again but I didn't have the patience to wait for her this time. ''For about thirty years,'' I said and she jumped up from the bed like her butt was on fire.

''Oh, my goddess.'' She whispered and held the roots of her hair. She turned and her eyes connected with mine. ''Are you like him?'' She asked and I nodded a few seconds later.

I stood up and moved away from the bed. My eyes started glowing and my wings sprouted from my back, opening to their full length. She gasped and her back met the wall to support her since she looked like she was about to faint. I held back and let only those features appear, instead of letting my armour and weapons show as well as my powers. She wouldn't be able to take it all in today.

 ''You-you,''

''Yes. I'm an Archangel.'' She stood still staring in my direction, but I wasn't really sure she was looking at me. ''Are you okay, Chelsy?'' 

She nodded hesitantly and she finally decided to come closer.

''I just can't believe that my best friend is-'' 

''Yeah, I couldn't either,'' I said cutting her off and she sighed. ''I understand though. Why you couldn't tell me. Do you?'' I asked and she looked me in the eyes.

''Of course.'' She answered and came to hug me quickly.

I hid my wings and my eyes returned to their normal blue colour in case Barbara decided to come inside the room. We sat back on the bed and talked for a while until I remembered my conversation with Jonah.

''So, Jonah said the pack wants to meet me. His parents specifically.'' She raised her eyebrow and smirked. 

''Just imagining Anna fawning over you is the best thing ever.'' She laughed but I had a confused face. She saw and sat up straight.

''Okay, so let me explain. Anna and William are the former Luna and Alpha of my pack. Jonah was given to them so, he is kind of a big deal around there. Plus the fact that is the current Beta. I think his parents are great people and they are actually my family too. I'm their niece.'' She started explaining and I tried to remember everything since I want to know better the people that raised my best friend.

''My father was actually the former Beta but we decided we had enough of the life inside the pack and instead we left and came to the city. That's how Jonah became the Beta.'' I nodded my head and picked up a handful of chips from the bed. They are totally fine and it's BBQ flavor, I'm not wasting that.

''As for the current Alpha; my cousin is not exactly like his father. He is very serious when it comes to the pack and will stop at nothing to protect it. It might sound like a good thing but when he's killed thousands of other werewolves or hunters or whatever else stands in his way, well, that changes a person.'' I hummed in agreement, perfectly understanding what she was saying.