Chapter 4

"Chapter 4"

"You're my mate."

His words sent another chill on my body, and I nodded.

"It seems like it," I said and looked at him straight in the eyes. He stood up and walked a little closer, running his hand through his hair.

"What do you know about us?" He asked, and I crossed my hands over my chest.

"Everything. 'Creatures of the universe' was a class at school." I said, and I saw a ghost of a smile appearing on his lips.

"Right." He looked at me in silence for a few more moments. "Can I see?" He asked, and I knew he was talking about my real form.

I took a deep breath and released my wings. My hand dragged upwards in the air in front of me and my outfit started to change to a white suit with gold details on the arms and legs and a golden double belt that had knives and of course my white-blade sword.

The attraction between us was undeniable, and I knew it was part of the mate bond but I couldn't help but feel that even if I wasn't this man's mate, I would be attracted to him anyway.

"I heard you are leaving tomorrow." He said and moved away from me and walked back behind his office.

That was it. No reaction to what he just saw. Nothing.

"Yes, I have to get back to work," I said and everything on me returned back to normal except my eyes.

"Good. The pack can't afford to deal with whatever enemies your highness has." I clenched my jaw at his tone, and I knew from the cold expression he had now, that the blow was coming.

I was getting angry and annoyed.

"This arrogance," I said with bitter tone and shook my head, scoffing. "Don't worry, Jaxon. I'll be out of your house and your life very soon." With one last glance at his now slightly surprised eyes, I turned around and exited the office.

I thought werewolves were supposed to cherish their mates. Clearly, I was wrong. Not that I really cared. Jaxon may be pretty on the outside but the inside is a whole different story apparently.

I closed the door, and it almost flew off its hinges from the force but I didn't give a shit.

I walked quickly down the stairs and as I was at the last step I heard the office door opening again.

I ignored it and went outside to find the others. They were still sitting at the table, and they all looked a bit nervous.

They looked up at the sound of my footsteps, and I gave them a forced smile.

"I'm afraid it is time for me to go," I announced, and the previous Alpha couple stood up looking surprised.

"But you just got here. I thought you'd stay for lunch-"

"I am truly sorry Anna, but for me, this is simply impossible right now," I answered earning frowns of confusion from everyone. "It was really nice to meet you."

"Crystal!" I heard his voice calling my name, and I turned around to see him approaching us with his ice-cold expression remaining. "I wasn't done talking."

"But I was." My tone was hard when I spoke to him and from the frown I saw forming on his face I knew he was getting angry.

"I'll come to visit you again in the future," I told the couple in front of me hoping to ease their saddened expressions.

I turned to Jonah and gave him a small smile. "We'll keep in touch," I said and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back and since I had my angel senses on, I heard a very low growl coming from the man behind me and I couldn't believe he had the nerve to be jealous.