I. Winter Gate

Fog was clouding up in a grassy wide meadow one dark night.

The tall trees around the area are barely visible, and the sky above was covered with profuse clouds. Nonetheless, the bright shining moonlight still reflects down on land, lighting upon the groups that gathered.

There were a number of human forms standing, but they stand separately, divided in half, each looking at their corresponding pair. Each wearing ferocious glares together with the sound of their bones cracking as they prepare.

Above the silence, a loud breathing came from another human sitting down between them; her eyes are wide open, her hair scattered in every direction, and her beautiful dress shattered to strips and drenched with her sweat. She ran towards one path to get away from the weird creatures that's chasing her, however she finds herself in a dead end as there was another of those kind up ahead of her.

Her body was shaking terribly as immense fear wrapped all over her. She went down on her knees crying - pleading to be spared. She never thought that a random climb to the mountain would lead her to being killed or becoming someone's meal.

"Well well well you were rather quick today, Parks" one guy chuckles, brushing his pointy finger tips of his lips. "How soon are you to destroy the party, eh?"

"Just leave the poor girl alone, Kims. And we'll leave you be" the other group's leader responded.

"Oh you know we can't do that. She's our meal" the guy says. "And we'll take her as long as we want"

The other shakes his head, taking his hands out of his pockets. "That's not possible. You have to go through us, first"

A creepy smile curved on the Kim clan's side, folding their sleeves up to their elbow. "Well, if that's what you ask for then what are we waiting for? Let's begin"

All of a sudden the calm and serene blow of the wind bustled, and the place was filled currently with grunting noises and hard knocks from each individual. The peace has been completely disturbed. The battle between the great clans has once again began.

With such intensity in both their bodies and minds, they were going all the way with their attacks. One can see how exhausting their exchanges can be. However, not a single breath was heaved, not even a tiny liquid of blood was spilled, no heart rate accelerated, nothing.

The human watched the scene before her and she saw the burning fire in their eyes. It is something she has not yet seen before, just how incredible it is to see people jump so high in the air and fight, how big are the rocks they carry so easily to throw at their opponent, and just how they seemed to never get tired.

They are 4x times more aggressive than a normal person can be, but if they're not human then... "What are they?"

*************************

Chapter ONE

         It was middle of summer, but as expected of their town, it didn't seem like it. The skies are cloudy and the weather is quite chilly. The town carries the name itself, Winter Gate; it feels like it's always Winter and the word Gate, originates from the old generation, they said the town happened to be situated in the middle of two great families' properties, making the area where the town is now the border. Some believes it's just folklore but apparently, that was the truth, even today.

The town is in between two giant mountain boulders, causing the sun to be blocked and not fully hit them with its rays. People are praying that for once this month they see Mr. Sun peek at them and give them warmth.