VIII. The Journey

"Hey! Hey! Hey!"

A constant call-out followed Dari as she gets down the stairs and heads to the main door. "Where are you going, Miss?"

Dari drops her shoulders and spins her body around; JungSoo was sitting in his favourite spot in the living room, by the fireplace, taking a feel of its warmth while he reads through old scrolls.

"And why do you have such a big bag to carry? Are you moving out?"

"Didn't I tell you like 4 days ago that I would be away this weekend?"

JungSoo takes a pause for he clearly does not remember, meanwhile DoBi was sitting on the other comfortable couch while he plays earnestly on his console. "Yes she did, hyung" the youngest one says. "And you even said yes"

"Did I really?"

Both younguns nodded their head. Can vampires still suffer from memory loss really? When they're not aging already.

"But where are you going then? Are you taking you sister with you?" he says craning his neck up to check on Bom who was busy out in the garden talking with someone on the phone.

"I'm just going to my old place" She says - The place where she originally lives, where everything started. "And alone... I just strongly believe I need a trip down memory lane for our anniversary"

"You wouldn't able to forget him more if you did that, Dari"

"I know... but it's what I need right now"

The room suddenly turned silent and serious that DoBi's tapping sounded like he was smashing buttons, and Bom's voice from the outside can be overheard through those glass windows. JungSoo understands where Dari's feelings are coming from.

He knows that no matter how much he tells her to move on, she won't. A woman's heart is as deep as the ocean, and if it's true love it is, it's endless.

"Better be careful on your way, okay, Noona?" DoBi says, genuinely wishing her the best. "And make sure to bring home some treat"

"Treat? No problem. What does our baby want?"

"A new cap please, or a shoe, or a shirt. Any souevenir"

"She's just going to the mainland not in another country, DoBi" JungSoo pointed first, and then gives the other the go signal. "Just get home safely alright?"

"Nae..."

"And if you run into Kims again what will you do?"

"Just ignore and walk away"

"Good. Now run along, so you wouldn't reach night time on the road"

It sounded like as if Dari is an small child, being told not to get lured by strangers with candy, it's pathetic. But they always have followed him. However today happens to be an exception, for before she has trailed the path to her destination. She passed by the falls again to meet with Hero.

"Wow. So late, kid" he says coldly.

"I'm just 3 minutes late. Would you have died in that 3 minutes of waiting?" she answers.

Hero jumps off the tree and again as he always does lands perfectly in his feet without any imbalance. He wasn't carrying any luggage with him -what is there to bring anyway?

Dari is the only one who has stuff to bring along with her.

On the other hand, Dari is quite, surprised he would show up though. When she told him about bringing her to Cloud, it was the oddest request she can ever ask for, and worst it's to a Kim.