XIII. Something Strange

"Hey"

Bom taps her on the shoulder, waking her up from her deep thoughts. "What's up with you?"

"Huh?"

"What's with you zoning out like this... I've been calling you" Bom says while putting her books inside her bad. "Did something happen?"

"Huh? Ani" Dari brushes off, holding firmly on the strap of her bag. "Let's go?"

"Yep.Let's go"

Just how fast the day has passed that Dari can hardly remember anything that has happened throughout, after that mini event at the back of the school, she has completely spaced out.

She and Hero haven't spoken a word to each other either, they understood how unforeseen their act was... It was clearly a mistake and shouldn't have happened between their kinds.

"Do you know, I'm hearing rumours going about in school today" Bom says while they walk towards where they're race's starting line has always been. "Students say you and Hero are dating and seen skipping out your P.E classes together"

Dari quickly looks at her with such honest startle on her face.

"Oh don't tell me, it's true?" Bom mumbled in disbelief " You and him are really..."

"Pshhh. Please. He's a Kim" Dari interrupts before she starts jumping into conclusion.

"Then what is it about?"

"We just happen to walk out of P.E together because Jessica appeared and well he almost turned into his beast form"

"Ahbwoya. Beast mode in school?" Bom exclaims. "Is he crazy?"

"I know right~" Dari sighs in dismay. "He's all being crazy and intense that I had to drag him out and keep him away from the humans"

"That's good then! Or else, It would be hella chaotic" she says tying her hair up in a bun, only leaving her full bangs down. "Then how did you tame him then? What did you do?"

Dari stops.

That's the question.

What did she do?

How would she ever tell Bom about it? In what way would she understand? Do I really need to tell her? She thought.

And while she delay on answering, Bom hums "Let me guess. You fight with him didn't you? Ya. If Lee Council caught you two fighting in school, you're in trouble!"

"Well, it's not really a fight you see..." Dar bites on her lower lip.

"Just a simple beating then?"

"Uhm... Something like that"

"I guess that's alright then. It's for the better of everyone anyway" Bom says. "It's not like you're breaking any other rules"

Dari felt a lump on her throat as she feel greatly guilty about JungSoo's rule. Out of all the people she gets in a mess with, why is it Hero? Why?

"Don't worry. We won'ttel Jungsoo about it. It'll be our little secret" her sisters says winking one eye and giving a reassuring smile.

Indeed... Secret. I should just keep it a secret, no one should ever know. No one. She mumbles to herself.

As usual on their every race, their youngest brother would show up to be the caller. He takes his sisters' bags from their keep. And while Darireaches out hers, Do-Bi asked the same thing Bom did. "Ya noona, I heard you and Hero hyung are dating"