X. Little Feelings

The two were staring at each other under that low light beaming on their faces. In Hero's head, he keeps pondering on what Dari's thoughts might be now that she seems to have forgotten a huge part of her memories.

"What do you mean of... and so is your relationship?" He repeated, wanting her to clarify.

"I mean. Dae and my relationship" the girl states innocently with her eyes battling. "That we've long broken up... Why?"

"And when did you realize that?"

Curiosity existed in Dari's face seeing Hero's serious face as he continues his questioning but in return she still answers them truthfully. "The moment he became Cloud... Why?"

"So in your head, you have let go off Dae ever since you saw him in the Lee Council and that he has forgotten all about you"

"Nae..." she murmured. "Why? Am I supposed to be not over him?"

Does that mean the memories of her continuing loving and hoping for Dae to come back has been erased? The two years of her waiting just became two years of living as a vampire?

"What Is your reason to live on as a vampire then?" Hero asks, curious if she can remember about waiting for Dae.

"Hmmm... To protect humans from being killed by Kims and other wild vampires?"

"That's it?"

"Yeah..." She mumbled. Hero is acting rather strange, different from the usual image of him that she sees, and what's with all the constant queries really.

What am I missing? "Ya. can you answer my questions next? How many times have I already asked why and you just ignored them all"

Hero's head starts to hurt thinking about it. It's too confusing and beyond what he can comprehend. He has a lot of questions to ask her more however he realizes he's way too engaged on the matter when he practically shouldn't.

Why would he get involved anyway? He just came along with her because he is bored and wanted to check on the Lee Council's place.

Not just because he saw her in the hands of the Council he should be worried and help her. He thought. Enough for someone else to fill in and to start a new life in? Tss... Does that Cloud person really think I would even take that part? He must be kidding...

It's too much for Hero's hands - thus he is uninterested. Besides, Dari said she believes their love is strong and true that eventually she will come around again and remember everything. So why would he even bother?

Hero isn't too sure on whether to tell her about Cloud erasing her memories, but he doesn't want to meddle in more. If he says it, it feels like as if he cares and he doesn't want her to think that.

In the end, he chooses not to tell her and let her figure it out on her own.

After a few more walks, Dari has gotten better - not entirely - but she can finally stand on her own, relieving the burden off Hero's shoulders.

She jumps off his arms and dusted her clothes. "Aiggoooo" she exhales heavily, expressing her great disbelief that she would be carried by him. But somehow she's grateful that even when he hates it, he didn't leave her behind.

She still can't remember how and where they're journeying to. If what he says is true about them going to Lee council place... Did something happen in there then?

Hero's hands are shoved inside his pockets, looking cool while he leads the way, and behind him Dari lazily followed. Her body feels totally exhausted and her energy is drained, she can't wait to get home and be embraced by warm sheets.