Chapter 7

Don't forget to follow me on instagram @ avrilkittyr5 to stay updated when I upload a new chapter :)

Chapter 7: Friends

"Sorry Cassie wants to know when we go out next friday", Tris types on his phone, while I look on my laptop and the lyrics we already have written down.

"No problem", I say.l I am a bit annoyed, but well his girlfriend comes first.

He makes a voice memo. Did I mention that I really like his voice?

"We should go at eight", he suggests at the end of the voice memo.

"What are you doing?", I ask him.

"We all go karaoke singing on friday", he says and looks at his phone.

"Cool. I haven't been in ages", I say and look on my laptop again.

"You should come!", Tristan says and looks at me: "Maybe we get inspiration for our song lyrics?" Does he want to be nice, or does he really want to hang out with me?

"I don't know any of your friends", I say, even though I would like to spend more time with Tris.
"You can bring a friend. What about Anja?", he says.

"Alyssa", I say.
"Right"

"I will ask her, but I don't think that's a good idea", I say. What do I expect from going out with him and his friend?

"Why?", he puts his phone on my desk and puts his whole attention on me.
"Your friends and my friends don't have the same interests", I explain to the blonde one.

"They are cool. You just have to get to know them. I mean we're friends, so I don't see a problem, why they wouldn't get along."

I try not to blush, because he said we're friends. Well should I be happy? He kinda friendzoned me? What do I expect? That we spend time together and he will fall in love with me and break up with Cassandra? I really should stop dreaming! I will enjoy the time with him while it lasts. At least we're friends now, I guess.

"I will come, if Alyssa comes too and only because we may find inspiration for our song", I tell him and we start working on the lyrics.