Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

Hey Kitties! If you like this story give it a like! A part two is in the making and the more I see that you like the story the more inspired I am to finish part two.

Also I am open for any feedback :)

While you wait for this story to be updated, you can read the other the Vamps FFs I wrote! Or tell me what your favorite Tristan FF/the Vamps FF is.

Oh and don't forget to follow me on Instagram to get updated when a new chapter is online ;)

...

"Do you have a costume?", my former best friend asks me.

"For our performance?", I raise my eyebrows.

"No, for Halloween silly?", the blonde drummer says, as we tried some chords on the guitar at my house.

"Oh, I am not celebrating it", I am a bit too old for trick or treat. When Tristan and I were younger it was our favorite holiday! We put on costumes, went out, ate tons of chocolate and sweets, and stayed up all night - meaning until one o'clock, because we just would fall asleep on the sofa when we secretly watch horror movies Tris had stolen from his older brother.

"So you are not going to any party? I thought maybe James asked you to be his date?", he asks me.

"No. He didn't." I say, but decide to add "not yet". It is weird pretending to date someone. You don't know what to say. I would die out of shame, have to move to another city and change my name, if Tris would know that James and I are just pretending to like each other, just to make him jealous.

"I am pretty sure he will! You could come with me, maybe we will find something at the store for our performance?"

"At the Halloween store?" I ask him, not sure if we still talk about halloween or our performance.

"Who knows?", the blonde shrugs his shoulders.

"I also know this cool thrift shop downtown we could go to!", I suggest.

"Alright"
"But now let's work on the song!"

After we found a cool rhythm and chords for our song, we walked into the halloween store, he was talking about earlier.

As we look through the clothing racks at the store, both of our hands touch the same costume.

"Sorry!", I say and feel my heart racing.

"No problem, I think I don't want to be a zombie! But look!", he takes out a costume next to it.

"I think I will be a Vampire. The Vamps, get it?", he says, holding the costume in his hand.

"Well you are pale enough!", I say with a smile on my face.

"Right.", he laughs: "So then you should be a nun!" , he takes out a costume near the vampire one.

"What?", my heart skips.

Why is he saying something like that? Is that how he sees me? Am I not cool enough? I finally thought we would get along and he would like me.

"I am just kidding!", he says, but I am still unsure what Tristan must think of me. Would a nun kiss James randomly at the party? Did James say anything about the kiss? I know I am not as experienced as Cassie, but who says I want to be?

We haven't found anything for our performance, but Tris found something for halloween so we walked to the thrift store I suggested.

"What do you think of this?", he shows me a red striped shirt.

"That's not you! More like this!", I hold up a button down shirt with a white and black comic print on it.

"Or this leather jacket!" , he holds up a leather jacket with white letters all over it.

"But would this fit into our concept?", I ask him, realizing that we came here without a plan wasn't the best idea.

"Well isn't friendship to be yourself and get accepted by the other person, like they are?", he argues.

"True! But we still should look at the back of the store, maybe we will find a hidden gem!"

"So you and James?", he starts the conversation, as we look through the clothing racks in the back of the store.

"I guess?"
"Is it serious?"
"Well we kissed at the party, and the date was great. I guess we'll see where this is going?", I ask more than I say.

"Oh great!"

I text James while Tris is busy looking through another clothing rack: "He asked about us..."
The Vamps guitarist sends a thumbs up.
"Make him jelly...", he texts back.

"You know. I never thought you could be interested in one of the boys", he looks at a jeans on one of the racks: " I mean I am happy for you if you are, but you know I don't want you or James to get hurt?", he says looking at me now,
"That's nice, but I can watch out for myself, or do you think there is something about James I should know?"
"No. James is a really great guy. Kind. Funny. He's everybody's darling. The perfect son-in-law, not like me!", he laughs. I am in love with his laugh!

"What? My mom always liked you!"', I say.

"Really?"

"Yeah. She even said once, that she'd be happy if I found a guy like you, that's caring and funny."

He clears his throat: "Well, I was twelve, but that's very kind of her to say", he adds: "But James definitely is caring and funny and if it's serious with you two, we could go on a double date?"

"Yeah maybe", I say.

"What about next friday?"

"Next friday? I don't know, I have to ask James!", I respond, because I don't know how to decline the offer.
"You could call him right now!", Tris says. I don't know what I did. Is it such a good idea going on a double date with Tris and Cassie? I met James three times, can we pretend a whole evening that we are a thing? Well I am already in too deep I guess, so I call James.

"Hey!", I say.

"Hey Luna. What's up?", the voice on the other end says.

"I am with Tris right now, shopping for costumes and he asked if we would go on a double date with him and Cassie?", my voice goes up: "What do you think?"
"Sounds great!", the guitarist responds and for a second my jaw dropped.
"You really think we should go?", I say, lowering my voice so Tris won't hear it.
"Of course. I know Tris. He will get jealous!"
"If you think so, we should do it"
"Let's try. If it doesn't work. You still can break up with me after our second date!", he laughs: "Oh and I forgot to ask you, you wanna come to the halloween party?"

I laugh:" I'd love to. Great. So see you then! I can't wait!", I add, hoping that Tristan believes me. I am really not good at lying at all!

"We're in", I say. I hope it won't be so awkward.