Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

Double date:

"Hey!", I say and James hugs me and gives me a kiss on my cheek: "Are you ready?", he whispers in my ear as we meet outside of the restaurant. Tris and Cassie are already inside and they are probably watching us.

"I don't think so!", I say honestly. Going on a fake date with the band member of your crush and his girlfriend isn't something you can really prepare for.

"Just relax and have fun! If it should be too much or anything, you can always say you are tired or don't feel very well!", he whispers in my ear and opens the door.

I nod and he puts his hand on my back as we walk in.

"Hey!", we say as we walk to the table. The couple gets up.

"You look great Lu!", Tris compliments me as I hug him. He smells so good! I decided to wear a skirt with tights and a nice long sleeve blouse.

"You too!", I say. He always looks handsome.

"Luna really does look gorgeous!", James puts his arm around me.

"Thanks", I blush. I am not used to so many compliments.

"Give me your jacket!", James takes my jacket and hangs it up at the door while Tristan gets some drinks for us.

"Hey Lulu, so you and your boyfriend come to the party next Saturday?", Cassie asks me, as we wait for the boys to come back.

"Yes I am going with James, but he is not my boyfriend!", I say.

"He isn't?", Cassie wonders and I realize what I just said, so I add: "We are just dating!"

"Oh! I thought you were a couple! But maybe it was just Tris and I who moved so fast!", she says.

The boys are back. Tris puts the drinks down and James puts his arm around me.

"It's nice that we do this!", Tris says and runs his fingers through his hair. I bite my lip, he looks so hot when he does this.

"Yeah!", James agrees.

"So you went to a restaurant on your first date?", Tris asks us.
"Yes it's the best way to get to know each other!", James says and smiles at me.

"Tris and I went to the cinema. He couldn't keep his lips from mine!", Cassie comments.

None of us know what to say, so we all remain silent.

James is the first to break the silence: "So Tris! Luna told me about your music project and that you had a band when you were younger?"

"Yes we did. We were about ten years old and the band was called muddy puddle!", he smiles at me.

"You never told me that!", Cassie responds offended.
"Yes I did a couple weeks ago, after Lu and I had one of our sessions!", the blonde drummer explains to his girlfriend.

"Oh! So you two have a history?", she looks at me and then to Tris.

"Not like that. We were just friends!", Tris says looking at me.

"Yes. Just friends", I say to emphasise what Tris just said, but my heart drops. What am I even doing here?

"He gave me this ring on our first year anniversary. Isn't Trissy the cutest?", Cassie puts her finger around Tris hand.

"He is the best", I say and smile at Tris.

"And the first time I met his family was so sweet. They are all so nice and his sister is so lovely!", she says."Molly Moo"

"Milly Mouse!", I corrected her.

"What?", she looks at me confused.

"Her name is Milly Mouse!", I tell her.

"She has a lot of nicknames!", she says and takes a sip of her drink and throws her hair back.

"Right...", I look at James, who strokes my arm to comfort me.

"Oh and do you remember our vacation to Italy?", Cassie changes the topic.

"Sure!", Tris says.

"The hotel room was so romantic, we barely left it when we were there!"

I almost choked on my drink, when Cassie said that.

"Excuse me", I get up and walk to the toilet. I knew it was going to be awkward, but heck no, I don't wanna think about what Cassie and Tris did in a hotel room in italy. It makes me want to throw up.

"Are you alright?", James comes after me.

"Yes, I just feel like throwing up hearing her talk about their great vacation and how cute Trissy is, but she doesn't even know Milly's nickname", I say in anger.

"Kiss me!", he whispers in my ear.
"What?", I look at him confused. I am angry and now he wants me to kiss him? How can he think about kissing right now? Maybe James is just like all the other boys.
"Tris is coming!", James says and leans in for a kiss, so I press my lips on his. I have a bit of a dejavu. I put my arms around his neck.

What must Tris be thinking when I kiss James. Is he jealous or doesn't he care at all? James leaves my lips and I must blush like crazy. Knowing your crush sees how you kiss a cute boy, who is his friend and bandmate, but it's all set up, does that to my cheeks.

"Oh hey mate. Didn't see you ...", my fake date says and I bite my lip, leaning against the wall.

"Sorry I just wanted to go to the toilet, didn't want to interrupt you two lovebirds", he grins.

While Tris passes us, my eyes follow him and I sigh.

"I am sorry. I know I said I would ask you next time I kiss you, but we had to react fast."

"No, it's fine. I get used to you kissing me by surprise. I start to enjoy it"

The smirk on his face tells me that he enjoyed it too and he asks if we should go back: "Yes. I just hope it will be over soon!"
"What? Is dating me that worse?", he says as we walk back to our table.
"No, I didn't mean that!", I try to explain myself.
"I am just kidding Luna!", he says and rubs my back.
"Oh!"

He takes my hand as we walk back to our table.

"Just pretend she has something between her teeth when she talks", he whispers in my ear and slightly kisses my cheek. We sit down and I start to smile as Cassie starts to talk.