Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Locked in

"What are you doing here?", I walk into the practice room and that's how Tris greets me. He seems surprised.

"You texted me. We wanted to finish our song!", I explain to the one who reached out first. I decided to give him a chance. James was right. I owe it to him and myself, to finish this project that we started together. Besides the whole drama, and my feelings for him, we are a good team and there are only a few weeks left, so.

"I didn't text you" he says and takes a sip from a water bottle. Is he joking?

"Yes you did", I took my phone out.

"No", he says.

"Yes!", I look at the text it says: "Meet me at the practice room. We need to finish the song!"

"It wasn't me Lu! I didn't looked on my phone all practice long!"

"But? Wait, was this from one of your bandmates?"

"No. I swear! They just went to grab food for us!"

"Whatever. I should go!", I say and turn around. I really shouldn't have come here.

I try to open the door: "Tris? I can't open the door"
"What? No, you have to push", he says and starts pushing, but nothing happens. I frown.
"I think the boys wanted to prank us. Guys. Are you serious?", he shouts.

"They locked us in", he comments and leaves the door.

"Call them!", I say.
"No service in here"
"Shit"

I roll my eyes.

"Make yourself comfy. They will probably be back in 20 minutes, if they really get food! Apparently you can't trust them!", Tris falls on the sofa as I look around. I've never been here before.

I look at the table with paper on it: "What's that?", I ask as I read the first line.

"Oh that's just some lyrics for the song. Nothing important" , Tristan gets up again and comes closer.

"We are friends, but I love you till I die

That's the truth, I wouldn't lie

Can't do it without you, can't live without you

It's all about you, I can't hide

Every line I write is true

I can't stop thinking about you

I am grateful for every day

I wouldn't have it any other way

I would go all the way

I promise you I won't go away

if you promise to stay"

My body gets flooded with goosebumps. It really touches me.

"Wow! Who wrote this?", I ask the blonde next to me.
"I did", he sighs.

"For the Vamps?", I look into his blue eyes.

"For you", he says, looking away.

"For me?", my eyes tear up. He wrote this for me?
"That's not the first song I wrote for you"
"What?", my heart beats so fast. I hold my breath.

Tristan comes closer: "I never showed you the other one. The one I wrote when I was twelve", he turns around to sit down again. I breath out deeply and sit down on the opposite wall.

"Tris?", I ask.
"What?", the drummer asks
"What happened to us, to our friendship?", I am finally brave enough to ask him.
"What do you mean? We are friends?", he says.

"You know what I am talking about. That one summer you went to Italy with your family, when you came back it seemed like our friendship never happend?"
"What? No!", he stutters.
"You cut me off and I didn't know what happend", I say. Even though I am scared of what he will say, I am happy that we finally talk about it.
"I liked you! That happend!", he raised his voice. What? Did Tristan Evans said he liked me? Does he mean liking, in liking a lot, liking more than a friend?
"You did what?, I ask him. My heart is beating up to my throat. He isn't saying anything.