Chapter 1

'Why didn't you say anything ?'

That's what I ask myself every day.

. . . . . . . . .

The sun's rays fell softly to illuminate the room and the rustling of the sheets announced a human presence. Aesop Carl had just woken up. It wasn't exactly the best wake-up call he could have hoped for though. It was rare but he just had a bad dream. What did he dream about ? He had already forgotten about it and it was better like that, he didn't like his mind to be clouded by thoughts unrelated to his work.

Well, maybe he could make an exception for some things...

"Mhm... Aesop...?" a male voice echoed.

The raven haired man sketched a smile as he heard this voice. In the bed, beside him, lay the only person he could stand. His half-closed eyes revealed the cerulean blue of his eyes, his long, thin lashes fluttering slightly, trying to fight the urge to go back to sleep. Aesop turned to his partner to place a kiss on his forehead. His gaze then wandered to various red marks scattered all over the blue-eyed boy's body.

"I did a good job." he whispered.

"Hm ?"

If he was considered a shimmering moon during the night due to that white streak mixed in the black of his hair, the delicate body in front of him would be similar to the bright sun in this case. Eli Clark. His sun. If his brain was divided in two, one part would be dedicated to his professional life and the other to this man. He was the only person he would allow into the abyss of his heart. He could kill and steal for him. He was the being that meant the most to him and he felt complete with him.

"How are you feeling ?"

The glance of the brown went towards his partner, he thought a moment before growling and plunging his face in the pillow below his head. He was obviously in pain. Maybe he was a little too caught in the heat of the fire last night. It had been a while since he'd had a day off so he'd gotten carried away. Well, he knew exactly what to do to make it up to him anyway and it worked every time.

"I'm so sorry..."

He put his arms around his waist and placed a series of kisses on his cheek, moving down to his jaw and then to his neck. He licked slowly and sensually the length of this one, coming then to nibble the lobe of his ear. Eli shuddered abruptly at this touch before pushing his lover's face away from him with both arms, an expression both embarrassed and irritated drawn on his face.

"Ack ! I know you're not at all, but I'll forgive you anyway !"

"I love you."

The dark-haired man laughed softly then placed a kiss against his lips.

"Yes, yes, I do too. Now, shouldn't you get up and get ready for the day ?"

Aesop growled at his lover's comment. He released the brunet from his hold and mentally encouraged his body to get up from the bed. It took him a little willpower but he eventually managed and found his way to the bathroom where he took his shower and changed his clothes for something more classy and appropriate. A shirt in blue tones, his favorite red tie and finally, his black jacket from a top designer that he put on his shoulders, not having enough faith left to put it on properly.

He then returned to the room where his beloved lover had still not moved from his place but this time he held his phone in his hands, seeming to concentrate on the content that was on the small screen. The man, now perfectly prepared, went to sit on the edge of the bed close to his lover and leaned slightly to try to see what he looked at. However, at the very moment he approached, the brunet immediately turned off the device and set it to the side before putting his arms around Aesop's waist.