Chapter 3

'Your name is Eli Clark and that will never change.'

That cursed name.

. . . . . . . . .

Eli. Eli Clark. What a beautiful name for a man who was just as beautiful, not to mention the clarity of his blue eyes. Aesop couldn't help but think how satisfying it was to say the other's name no matter the situation and in any place. His lover was simply breathtakingly beautiful and there was none like him in the world, he was unique and this incredible person shared his love. There was nothing the Trickster could ask for more.

This morning, the dark haired male awoke slowly to find on the other side of the bed... nothing. Darn it, that damn Eli Clark had left for work again without so much as a kiss or a goodbye. Was this his revenge for the bath incident last night? The brown-haired man might be cute and affectionate most of the time, but there were often times when he acted like a real child and behaved like he had just done this time.

Aesop let out a sigh before pulling the covers off him and heading to the bathroom. He undressed, threw his clothes in the laundry basket and stepped into the shower, running the hot water over his body. After he finished, he got out with a towel around his waist, looking at his wardrobe in the closet. He took a black suit with a blue tie and changed, not forgetting to put on his favorite watch in the process, a gift from his lover.

Finally, he was ready to go to the office. He took the keys of his car on the way out and got into the black vehicle before starting the engine and setting off towards Oletus. It only took about fifteen minutes to get there since he didn't live too far away, he parked in the underground parking lot and then took the elevator to the highest floor of the building, the third, where his quarters were.

He walked down the long hallway, the walls were painted burgundy red to give the place a more classic and elegant look according to the owner's taste, he stopped in front of a door with a sign with his name on it and entered without knocking. He quickly settled in and didn't waste a second getting to work, immediately calling someone to assign the tasks he had thought of the day before.

They had about a month to get everything ready. The invitations shouldn't take too long to get into their hands, maybe a week or two for the weapons and the same for the outfits. Everyone had their own assignments to complete before the day of the show. As for the Trickster, he also had a lot of things to do and he had given the most important of all to none other than the Surveyor.

That is to find the location of the container.

A metal case of basic size, everything that was most normal if one ignored only the fact that black tentacles slightly escaped from it like persistent brambles and that only a tenebrous void was inside when one opened it. An object as mysterious as it was dangerous. Unfortunately, it was the only thing capable of containing the Nether Flower and they had to get their hands on it first.

Pickman's residence is very well guarded and despite the few spies that Aesop had managed to place, the extent of his knowledge about the architecture of the mansion was very limited. There were countless rooms in his home, as useless as some of them might be. This item could literally be anywhere! In the most secure place like a safe in the basement, to the most unexpected like in the hands of Pickman himself given his arrogance.

So here came the Surveyor's role. His skill was to always manage to get information about a target, whether it was a living being or not. The reason why he had left so early today was probably for this reason, to find out from his sources where this mysterious case, also called Pandora's box, was located. The success of the mission depended entirely on it.

Without it, they would not be able to take the flower unless they were corrupted by it and ended up like dust, in which case the mission would also fail. Trickster sighed and put the documents he had in his hands on his desk. How long has it been since he started working? He leaned back against the back of his seat and raised his arm in a reluctant motion then looked at his watch, barely three hours since he was there.