Chapter 4

'Live for me.'

That was the last thing you said to me.

. . . . . . . . .

A week passed. There were now about twenty days left before the operation in which Trickster and his other comrades would go into enemy territory to steal one of the most dangerous existences on earth. Puppeteer had already obtained the invitations, Whiplash had made an inventory of the equipment they would need, and Vile Blossom took the measurements of all of them to begin sewing their outfits. Everything was going according to plan for the time being and without a hitch.

On the Surveyor's side... That was probably where he had the least news. His job was the most dangerous of all, so it was understandable that he couldn't report as frequently as the others. But could he be blamed for worrying about his lover? Except when he was immersed in paperwork, Aesop couldn't think of anything else but the handsome blue-eyed brunet. 

Finally, another exhausting day of work passed and the black-haired male returned home by the same route as usual, the one he had seen every day for who knows how many years now. Once home, he took off his shoes and went into the living room. He was then surprised to see brown locks sticking out of the sofa and as he approached, he saw that it was none other than his beloved. The man was sleeping peacefully and looked just as exhausted as he was, if not more so.

Aesop simply smiled as he watched his chest lower and raise in a slow rhythm and his lips slightly parted. He brought a hand to the other's sleeping face to move a few strands to the side then couldn't help but notice that the latter had dark circles under his eyes. To infiltrate alone at Pickman's and to search each one of the rooms to find the container must be much more tiring than he thought.

If it wasn't for the sake of humanity, Aesop would have liked to tell him not to overexert himself and to be careful with his health. However, Trickster had no choice but to leave things as they were. Surveyor's task was paramount and they couldn't neglect the case research. Suddenly, he felt movement near him and brought his dark eyes back to the brown-haired's face to see that his eyelids were slowly opening to reveal his blue eyes. Seeing his lover's face first, Eli smiled at the male before a yawn decided to break this wonderful moment. 

"Tired?"

"I was just taking a nap."

The brunet straightened up after saying that and yawned again. His hair was going a bit all over the place and looked somewhat like a bird's nest. Aesop laughed softly at the sight while the other male looked at him with a puzzled look on his face, probably wondering what could possibly amuse his lover. However, before he could ask the reason behind it, a harsh cough came over him, his hand coming to cover his mouth as if he was afraid to reject something he shouldn't. The dark-eyed man frowned slightly when he saw this and came to sit beside him to pat his back.

"Is everything okay?"

"Y-Yes..."

"Do you want some medicine?"

"No!" he widened his eyes as he realized his voice went a bit higher and then coughed once more before resuming. "It's nothing, it's probably because I swallowed some dust earlier."

"Dust...?" he said in an unconvinced tone.

"Mhm, you know, there are many works of art at Pickman's and these aren't really recent you see!"

So he nodded and Eli watched the black raven head disappear to go to the kitchen. Once assured that the latter did not see him and was absorbed in his task, the brunet got up to go hurriedly to the restroom. He locked the door behind him and took out his hand which was hidden behind his back until now. A thick, dark red liquid was spilling out slightly and running through his fingers. Seeing this, the blue-eyed boy hurriedly turned on the faucet and cleaned up all traces of blood.