Chapter 6

CAMILLA'S POV

I was in the bathroom at the salon getting changed into my bathing suit. We decided we all needed a break plus it was getting way too hot out here for us to not lounge by the pool. "Mimi (I decided to make this one of Camilla's nicknames cause I think it's cute and only Carla is gonna call her that cause yes) you almost done in there?!" Carla shouted. "Yeah one sec!" I was moving the strap of my bikini. It's a mauve-colored ruffled top and basic bikini bottoms (picture at the top) I walked out of the bathroom grabbing my things I set on one of the tables and walked over to the other girls. "Y'all ready?" I ask. They all responded with yeahs and nods.

On the way to the pool, I saw the boys walking behind us talking about something 96000? The girls seemed to be caught up in their own conversation so I walked over to see what they were talking about. Once they walked passed I silently walked up behind Usnavi "Whatchu doing?" I whisper in his ear causing him to jump in surprise while all of the guys laughed, "Jesus Christ Cam, don't sneak up on me like that!" all I could do was burst out laughing while the others just laughed more. "Sorry it won't happen again but what are y'all talking bout. I heard you saying something bout 96000? 96000 what?" "Dollars," Pete answers with a wide grin. "And why would we be talking bout that" I turn to Usnavi with a raised eyebrow. "We sold a winner," he says looking up at me. "Damn I played, I have my ticket in my bag somewhere." "what would you do with it though?" I pause I had an idea of what I would do but it's probably stupid compared to theirs. But why not tell them. "First off I would look for a place downtown for Vanessa and then I'm not too sure what I would do with the rest probably give it to you 'Snavi" "well I'd be out of here on a flight to D.R. first thing in the morning." "Of course you would," I roll my eyes. Suddenly Sonny grabs the paper with the winning numbers and starts running with Pete while Usnavi shouts in protest while me and Benny laugh. 

We all run after them just in time to hear Sonny shouting "96000 y'all we sold!" everyone was in shock then started whispering to each other about what they would do with that money. "Yo for real just imagine how it feel just laying back enjoying the highway of life with no regrets whatsoever and not having to go out of our fucking way for respect or a paycheck." Benny shouts while I just laugh. "Hey Imma go find Sonny you go find the girls ok?" Usnavi whispers in my ear. I smile at him and nod. 

I found the group sitting down tanning when Carla speaks up "hey Dani what would you do with that 96?" "Esa pregunta es tricky, but with 96 gs I'd start my life with a brand new lease Atlantic city with a Malibu breeze" "And a brand new weave" Carla interrupts her. "Or maybe just bleach" Cuca responds, "Y'all are freaks. Come on Cam let's go walk around or something." 

We were walking around talking when I heard 'snavi say "And with those 96 I know precisely what I'm doing." "Yo 'Snavi whatchu gonna do" I shout, already knowing the answer. "What am I doing? What am I doing?" is all I hear before getting back into our conversation. "No but imagine winning that money we would be out here so quickly it's insane." "I know V and if we had some money left we could get some fabric and start making more clothes. Speaking of, I have some design ideas for some Hear Hispanic Voices things. All I really need is a solid color shirt and a sewing machine or I could hand embroider the words if I need to. I wanna make some custom shirts with sayings on them y'know?" "ok sounds good when we get back home we can quickly sketch out some designs but you have a date tonight. And we have Nina's dinner." Vanessa reminds me. "Right I'm wearing the red dress and you're wearing the green right?" "yep like always" "Ok sounds good." 

We were talking for about 15 minutes until Usnavi walked up to us telling Vanessa "96k go" "Well if I win the lottery you'll never see me and Cam again." Vanessa says as she starts walking into the water dragging me with her. "Damn we only joking stay broke then Usnavi shouts as we're walking. "We can go downtown, get a nice studio and get the hell out of the barrio." Vanessa mutters "hell yeah we can." I say with a light laugh. We were swimming for a while until Pete comes out of the locker rooms yelling "I got the numbers yo I got the numbers" Vanessa and I jump out of the water and grab a towel trying to dry off a bit. Usnavi starts reading them off, "5, 7, 16, 26, 33" a bunch of groans were heard throughout the crowd, everyone was checking the tickets they got. "Nobody?! Really?" how the hell is half the damn barrio here and no one won. What the fuck?

"Yo cam let's go home and get ready. Or at least chill for a bit." "ok one sec V I'm gonna say bye to Sonny and Usnavi." I walk up to the two cousins, "yo V and I are gonna head back to our place and hang out for a bit before the dinner. See y'all there. Also Sonny no messing around during this dinner ok?" "Cam I wasn't gonna do anything anyway but that's fine." "See you there Cammy!" I walked back over to Vanessa linking our arms together and walking back to our apartment.

( sorry for not updating in a while I kinda lost motivation but two parts I've wanted to write since I started this book are coming up which is really fun. also I've been having a lot of trouble with my mental health so if updates aren't consistent that's why! I love y'all! oh and side note have y'all seen in treatment yet?? if you have Eladio is very much a comfort character and I relate to him wayyyyy too much!)