Joy and Misery [CH7]

It's been a few days since Taehyung died. He's been buried next to Seokjin, and the rest of them mourn his death. Suicide. They couldn't believe it. They had ended up telling the police that, and the police took their word. Kim Taehyung, death by suicide. Jimin took it the hardest. His best friend, who would never come back. Jimin was torn between anger and sadness, and that's what broke Jimin. He ended up locking himself in his room, and he has been in there ever since the day they had his funeral, which was the day they found the body.

"Please, you have to come out!" Namjoon said.

"No, I can't! I can't, I can't! One of you guys murdered him, and I'm not going to let it happen to me! Go away, Go away!"

Namjoon sighed, stepping away from the locked door. It was no use. Jimin wouldn't come out. It seemed like Jimin was going crazier by the second.

No. Namjoon shook his head. Ugh, sometimes he wished he didn't think to the extreme. It could implant grudges and assumptions about other people without him knowing it. He hated having those thoughts. Doubt and confusion.

He decided to go to Jungkook, who's in his room reading something. He sees Jungkook's eyes read the book ferociously, determined, focused. Namjoon hisses. He wished he could be like Jungkook. Oh, to be so brave and determined. Even on little things. That's what made Namjoon shake. In jealousy. In agony.

Of course, he couldn't tell Jungkook that. He couldn't just go "Hey, I'm super jealous of you! Fuck you!". That was selfish and rude. So, he decided to take a pacifist route. "Yo, Jungkook."

Jungkook perks up, hiding the book behind his back. "Oh! Hey, Namjoon.."

"What are you reading?" Namjoon asks, sitting beside Jungkook.

"It's nothing." Jungkook hides the book under his pillow behind him. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Huh? Yeah, sure.." Namjoon was a bit surprised. He wanted to talk to Jungkook about something, not the other way around. Oh well.

Jungkook sighed, getting ready to tell Namjoon. He felt nervous, hands shaking. "When we found Taehyung's body.. Hoseok kept looking at me to confirm what he said when you guys were suspecting him.. I knew what he said was true, but I didn't say anything because.. there was this voice in my head telling me not to." Jungkook admitted.

"Really? What did it say?" Namjoon asked.

"It kept telling me not to. It was saying 'Don't tell them. Don't tell them. If you do, the blame will be put on you. Don't tell them'."

"Well... I guess the voice in your head was telling you not to, because you wanted to be safe from suspicion."

"No!" Jungkook jumped up. "You don't get it. I didn't care if the blame was on me or not. The voice kept persisting, loud in my head, so I didn't, but then Hoseok got mad at me and now I think he doesn't like me anymore!"

"Oh.. well, that sounds like a case of some intrusive thoughts." Namjoon said, with a passive voice.

"What? No, that doesn't make sense. Anyway, what are you doing here? Need to ask me something?" Jungkook asked.

"Oh, yeah.." Namjoon had almost forgotten about what he had to tell Jungkook. But Namjoon couldn't tell Jungkook that now. Especially when Jungkook just admitted that he was sad and insecure and shit. He decided to change the topic completely. "It's about Jimin."

"Jimin? Didn't he like, lock himself in his room or something?"

"Yeah, about that... He keeps talking about how he is 'one with Taehyung' and now he thinks he's dead or something. Pretty fucking weird if you ask me." Namjoon said, not caring.