Chapter 5

I head home, exhausted, after a long shift a JJ’s and way too much shopping. I should definitely stop shopping and start saving. Maybe. Instead of going over to Jordan’s I order a chinese takeaway. Don’t judge me. I exercise. Maybe every month, maybe every two months….maybe never?

I flop down on the sofa and wait for my pizza to be delivered. I flick on the TV and watch some rubbish documentary for a few minutes before I hear a knock on the door. I literally leap off the sofa and rush to my flat door and pull it open. Jordan is standing there.

-“What are you doing here?” I ask. Jordan walks into my flat.

-“You’re not the delivery guy,” I say slightly confused.

-“No Sass. I am not the delivery guy,” Jordan says sarcastically.

-“But I want my takeaway. I’m starving,” I whine.

-“How about Paris instead?” Jordan says.

I am speechless. –“What on earth Jordan?” I ask, confused.

-“Will you come to Paris with me,? Jordan asks.

-“What? Why?” I ask still baffled.

-“For your birthday, my treat,” Jordan says.

-“Me, Harley and the rest of the band are going to Paris, I thought I’d invite you for your birthday,” Jordan says.

-“Jordan, I thought we’d discussed this. I am not your girlfriend. You are not my boyfriend. I thought you understood that,” I say, my voice heavy with sarcasm.

-“That’s…that’s not….of course…that’s not what I meant,” Jordan stutters quickly.

-“Whoah, I was only joking!” I say, laughing.

-“So, you want to come?” Jordan asks

-“Well, I’ll obviously have to check my extremely busy schedule,” I say. “But…I’m pretty sure I can make it,” I say smiling at Jordan. “What days, I’ll have to make sure I can get them off work,” I say taking my phone out of my pocket.

-“Don’t worry. I’ve already spoken to your boss. IT’s all covered. All you have to do is pack some stuff. Oh, and don’t forget, pack something nice like a dress or something smart.” Jordan says.

I throw my arms around his neck and he holds my waist. –“Thank you sooo much Jordan. This is going to be the best. I need to make a list of what to pack,” I say, already getting distracted. The pizza guy arrives and I grab it off him like some hungry tiger or something. Of course I invite Jordan to stay and eat with me because he is my best friend and he just invited me to Paris. I text Lola:

--OMG Jordan’s invited me Paris!!! : )

She texts back almost instantly –Ooohh a date? U know Paris is the city of love??

I text her back –Shut it! It’s not a date!!

I rush into my room and get changed quickly into jogging bottoms and a slouchy t-shirt and tie curly blonde hair up into a messy pony tail. We both grab a tray of food each and pig out on the sofa watching funny movies for hours. I quickly head into my room to grab and big fluffy blanket from my closet. I sit back down next to Jordan. I get comfortable and Jordan snuggles me in by putting his arm across the back of the sofa. I swear we sometimes act like we’re dating!

We sit there watching movies about couples falling madly in love. It makes me feel so depressed. Why can’t my love life be like that? I sigh as the credits roll.

-“That was a good movie,” Jordan says taking our plates and putting them in the sink.

-“Mmm, kind of depressing though,” I sigh.

-“What do you mean?” Jordan asks turning around.

-“Seeing all those couples falling in love. Does it not make you feel slightly depressed?” I question. “I really need a boyfriend,” I say miserably.

-“You want of boyfriend?” Jordan asks.

I’ve never really talked about boyfriends with Jordan. Not that I’ve ever had one before, mind. It’s not awkward or anything but it’s just something that we just don’t talk about.

-“Yeah, Lola’s trying to set me up with someone,” I shrug.

-“What?” Jordan asks, surprised. “Why?” He questions

-“Jordan. I’m nineteen and I’ve never had a boyfriend, I think it’s about time to get one before I’m destined for complete utter loneliness for the rest of my life,” I ramble. Jordan laughs at my sadness. –“Hey, what’s so bad about wanting a boyfriend,” I say in my defence.

-“There’s nothing wrong with wanting a boyfriend, just tell me who I need to beat up if he ever breaks your heart,” Jordan says sadly, avoiding eye contact.

-“Well hopefully that won’t happen,” I say, breaking the few moments of silence.

Jordan slowly gets up off the sofa. –“Got to go, see you later,” Jordan says, smiling sadly.

-“What? Already?” I say as Jordan leaves my flat. Something was definitely wrong there. He just wasn’t himself. He was all sad and slow, normally we’d be running around my flat chasing each other and laughing hysterically.