Chapter 8

This is definitley my favourite chapter so far, sooooo, I hope you guys enjoy it xx :)

Do you ever have those moments that you wish you could stay somewhere forever? Those moments where you just want to capture everything around you and keep it. Those moments when everything around you is perfect and you wouldn’t change a thing. Those moments not even a thousand words or a picture can describe. When everything is just perfect. Well, I’m having one of those moments.

The Eifel Tower is one of the most beautiful, amazing, and stunning things I’ve ever seen. It is lit up against the black night sky, illuminating everything around it. It’s honestly breath taking. Especially when you’re standing on one of the balconies and you can see for miles and miles into the inky darkness of the city. The night time breeze is blowing softly in in face, making my hair fly out behind me slightly.

-“Jordan…this is….this is just beautiful,” I say. “This is definitely one of the best birthday presents ever,” I say.

-“Do you like it?” Jordan asks.

-“Like it? I absolutely love it,” I say.

“So, is this my amazing birthday present you wouldn’t tell anyone about then?” I ask.

-“Yeah, but I have one more to give you,” Jordan says, taking the small present out of his jacket pocket. He passes it to me and nods for me to open it. I gently pull the ribbon off the slowly tear the purple wrapping paper off. It’s a small blue box. I open the box and I’m speechless. It’s a thin silver necklace chain with a tiny silver star and a blue gem attached to it.

-“Oh-my-god Jordan. It’s beautiful,” I say taking the necklace out.

-“Here, let me.” He says, taking the necklace and putting it gently around my neck. “You like it?” Jordan asks smiling at me.

-“Of course I do. It’s gorgeous!” I say, holding the heart between my fingers.

This is why I want a boyfriend. Not so he can buy me expensive gifts and take me to Paris for my birthday. So we can travel the world together. Visit America and go to Washington and Los Angles. Go to Australia and see the koalas and the Sydney opera house. I want to kiss him in the middle of a crowded city and not have a care in the world who’s watching us because he is there to protect me and care for me. So we can spend time together, get to know each other. Love each other, even. So we can spend the rest of our lives together.

I want a lot of things that I am never going to get. Some guys only like me as a friend and most guys don’t even notice I’m there. I say I’m not a desperate girl. I’m simply a girl with big dreams, big aspirations to meet that perfect guy and fall in love.

I snap out my day dream to Jordan’s voice –“Sass?”

-“What? Oh sorry,” I say, turning back to Jordan.

-“What are you thinking about?” Jordan asks carefully.

-“Don’t you ever wish you could find the perfect girlfriend. Not just the perfect girlfriend but a girl that’s perfect for you,” I say dreamily.

-“All the time,” Jordan says. He looks up from the ground confused –“Why?” He asks

-“Well, it’s just there are so many places in the world I’d love to visit, but not on my own. With that perfect person, you know what I mean,” I say, staring out into the busy city.

-“Yeah. I know exactly what you mean,” Jordan says.

I lean my stomach against the railings and take a deep breath of cold air in.