Chapter 12

Tooru woke up to a knocking on his door. He slowly fluttered his eyes open. "Oikawa?...It's Iwaizumi..."
Oikawa sat up and looked at his phone. '11:00'. 'I slept in late...' Oikawa thought. He slowly got up and strolled towards the door. He opened it and seen Hajime. He was wearing a blue hoodie with a pair of jeans, curled up at the ankles. "Oh god. Tooru you look like you've been dragged through hell and back." Iwaizumi said placing a hand on Oikawa's bed head. Tooru looked down at the floor sadly. "You're still not ok from last night are you?" Oikawa slowly shook his head no. Iwa hugged him. Oikawa didn't hug back and simply just placed his head on Hajime's shoulder. Iwaizumi slowly walked inside with Tooru still in his arms and shut the door behind him, locking it with the chain. He placed Oikawa back on his bed and walked over to the small kitchen.

"Have you had breakfast?" Oikawa shook his head no. "Ok, I'll make you something I guess..." Iwa opened the cabinet's only to find an almost empty shelf. He checked the fridge and found only a couple of tomatoes. "Crappykawa have you even went shopping?" Oikawa only looked down once again. Iwaizumi sighed. "I'm going to go shopping for you. You have got basically nothing in your kitchen." Tooru looked up. "What about money?..."
"I'll pay." Hajime smirked. He walked over to the door. "I'll be back soon, do you have any spare keys I can borrow?" Oikawa pointed to his coat pocket. Iwaizumi stuck his hand in the pocket and took out the keys. "Thanks. I won't be long." And with that Iwa walked out, locking the door behind him.

Oikawa laid back down on his bed and tried to sleep.

-Oikawa's Flashback-

Oikawa was well known in his school. It was his first year so he was only 15 at the time. It was only the second month and he had already won the title of 'The gay rich kid'. He would constantly get made fun of for liking boys but he didn't really care. In fact, he used it to gain his popularity. More and more people became his friend but were only there for his money and how popular he was. He liked sports a lot actually, he even joined the school's volleyball club.

He thought the day would be like any normal day for him. But he was wrong.

He was walking home from school alone looking down at his phone. He was walking down a narrow road with a bunch of alleyways and not a person in sight. He suddenly heard footsteps behind him but brushed it off as his mind was playing tricks on him. That was until he got yanked by the back of his hair into an alleyway. He was then thrown to the floor. "OW! What the?" He looked up and seen some of his classmates and 3 second years. They were all chuckling over something. "Um....what do you want?" Oikawa said raising an eyebrow. The guy that seemed to be the one leading was a second year. He was an ex boyfriend of Oikawa's that he only dated for 2 weeks. Tooru had dumped him after he found him making out with another girl in an empty hallway.

"Long time no see Tooru." The boy said with a devilish grin. "Ugh, of course it's you." Oikawa said rolling his eyes. "Don't speak like that to me you little shit." The boy said holding his hand out to one of his friends behind him. His friend then handed him something. A fricking baseball bat. "W-What are you doing with that?" Oikawa stuttered. "I'm going to get my revenge on you for breaking up with me." The boy said, slowly walking towards Oikawa. "I broke up with for a reason! You cheated on me and even stole some of my money!" Tooru said shuffling backwards. The group started giggling again. "I don't care what you say. You should've stayed with me!" The boy then raised the bat and hit Oikawa in the head. Tooru tumbled backwards and hit the floor, making his nose bleed. The boy kept hitting Oikawa with the bat endlessly while the rest of the group laughed and filmed everything.

5 minutes later, Oikawa had a black eye, a bloody nose and a busted lip. The boy didn't hit to hard because he and the group didn't want to be charged with murder but they wanted him to feel some sort of pain. The boy went to raise his bat again when a cough came from behind them. They turned around to see a grey haired boy (who was clearly from a different school), with a mole who had his phone in his hands, filming everything. The laughter stopped and everyone turned their attention to the boy. The grey haired boy looked at them dead in the eye. "Wouldn't like this to be shown to the police would you?" The boy smirked. "W-Who do you think you are?!" The boy that was hitting Oikawa asked moving towards the boy with the bat still in his hand. The boy raised his phone. "I'm still filming." The second year lowered the bat and tched. "Come on." He said to the group as they followed close behind.

Once they where out of sight the boy walked towards Oikawa who was sitting up and wiping the blood from his nose. "Hey are you ok?" The boy asked crouching down to Oikawa and giving him a tissue. Oikawa said yes and thanked him, wiping his nose with the tissue. "I'm Sugawara Koushi. First year from Karasuno high." Suga said as he helped Oikawa up. "O-Oh um...I'm Tooru Oikawa from Aoba Johsai high school. I'm also a first year!" Tooru smiled but flinched from a pain that shot through his nose. "You must be in a lot of pain. We should take you to the police station. I have a video so I will show them that." Suga put his arm over Oikawa's shoulder and helped him limp towards the police station. When they got there Sugawara showed the police the video and they contacted the school to identify the students. The group got suspended for a week and Oikawa's ex ended up getting expelled.

From then on Suga and Oikawa became best friends. Sugawara helped Tooru get through the whole situation and helped him through some tough times with his parents. They always hung out with each other outside of school and even played against each other in a volleyball match. Turns out Sugawara was also gay and had a crush on his friend, Daichi. Oikawa helped him confess to Daichi and once they were together, Tooru also helped with dating advice and would always be the one to pick out an outfit for Koushi if he was going on a date. They were best friends all the way up to graduation and continued to be friends into adulthood.

Oikawa really wishes that his last interaction with Suga wasn't an argument because that could've been their last conversation.

- End of Oikawa's flashback -

"Crappykawa!" Oikawa's eye's shot open to see Iwaizumi sitting beside him on his bed. "I have been calling your name for the past 2 minutes. Whatever, I have made you some toast for breakfast. I'm no professional cook so that's all I could really do." Iwaizumi chuckled and got up and walked over to the small kitchen. Oikawa slowly sat up and let his eyes adjust to the light. That god forsaken flashback had put him into a deep sleep.

"Here." Iwaizumi said giving him a plate with 2 pieces of toast on. "Thanks..." Oikawa mumbled quietly. He picked up a slice and began slowly eating it. "So are feeling better after your sleep?" Iwaizumi said sitting down beside Oikawa on his bed. "Not really. I had a dream- well it was almost like a flashback of my high school and Sugawara."
"Oh well do you um...wanna do something." Iwaizumi wasn't that good at comforting people so he just tried to lighten the mood. "I don't really wanna go out so can we just watch a movie?"
"Oh. Ok. Well what movie?" Oikawa's eyes lit up. "E.T!" Iwa raised an eyebrow. "Really? E.T?"
"Hey! It's a good movie! Maybe you just have bad taste." Oikawa huffed. "Whatever." Hajime leaned over to Oikawa's bed side table and grabbed the remote, turning on the TV. "Thanks Iwa-chan!"

When it was half way through the movie, Iwaizumi looked to his side and seen that Oikawa's eyes were glued to the screen. 'He really loves this movie doesn't he?' Hajime thought, smiling a little.

After the movie had finished, Oikawa started talking about how good the movie was even though it was like his 150th watching it. Iwaizumi looked at the time and seen that it was 2PM. "I gotta go Oikawa. I forgot to say I had to be in work for 3PM. If I have time I will come and see you, if not I will text you ok?" Iwaizumi said getting up and walking towards the door. "Oh...Ok. Bye Iwa." Oikawa said waving. Iwaizumi put his coat on and opened the door, turning around to wave goodbye. "Bye Tooru." He then shut the door. 'He called me by my first name.' Oikawa thought then turning red.

After calming down he took out his laptop from underneath his bed. 'Maybe I should install security cameras.' He then went online and went to a shopping website. He searched up security cameras and found ones that didn't require having to be on the ceiling so he could just put them anywhere he wants, plus they had good reviews. He ordered them for a good some of money and closed his laptop. He then laid down and turned on his TV, putting on a random movie.