Chapter 3

I was sitting in chemistry class. Ethan was to my right, since we now sit next to our partners for the project. I was reading my geography textbook. My test was next class and the teacher gave us some free time at the end of the class period to work on whatever we needed to. I figured that Ethan and I did enough with the science project for now and I might as well study for geography, since it was more immediate. 

"Can I study with you?" I sweet voice said from behind me. I turned around to find Sam. 

Sam was a cute guy, with his blonde hair and light eyes. He was of a medium height and build and was an absolute sweetheart when it came to his personality. 

"Sure," I smiled at him. 

I opened up my notes and he took out his study guide and we began quizzing each other. 

"Uganda is right above Kenya, right?" I asked. I was absolutely hopeless when it came to geography. 

"I think it's a bit to the left," he responded kindly. 

"Okay, got it. I'm so going to fail," I joked. 

"Don't say that. You will do great."

"I hope so. It's the spelling that I hate the most. I mean, how does Ms. Lane expect us to spell Nouakchott?"

"She may be a bit evil," Sam joked. 

"I think so too."

"You know you could have asked me to study," said a deep voice to my right. 

I turn my head to find Ethan looking at Sam with something...scary in his eyes. He could look really scary sometimes, I've realized. 

"But you don't take geography," Sam protested. 

Ethan didn't say anything in return and turned around. Well that was weird. 

In the next moment, the bell rang and everyone rushed tp pack up their things and walk out the door. 

"Wait up," Sam yelled and I turned around. 

"I was wondering...what are you doing Friday night?" He asked nervously. 

"Nothing. Why?"

"There is this café that I really like and it hosts these poetry nights, and I was wondering...maybe you would like to come with me?"

He was asking me out. Like on a date. Wow. I could say no, but Sam was really sweet and kind and literally perfect, and it's been a while since I've been on a date, and I really do love poetry. Oh, what the hell? "I'd love to," I said. 

He smiled in return. "I'll pick you up at six, then. Friday."

"Sounds good. Thanks," I responded before turning around to walk to my next period and finding Ethan a few feet away from me. 

"He asked you out?" He asked. 

"It's really none of your business," I answered. Who does he think he is? He's not even a friend. 

"Did you say yes?" He tried again. 

"Go back to your girlfriends, Ethan."

"I'm just asking to know when we should work on the project." Oh. 

"Thursday after school?"

"I have soccer practice."

"Then after soccer practice."

"Alright. It ends at four."

"Library," I said before walking past him and going to my next period. 

What was up with him today? Why is he acting so weird? 

"Hey," Dylan said, tapping me on the shoulder in the hallway. 

"Hi."

"There's a party Saturday. I don't want to go alone."

"Sure, I'll come. Saturday, you said?"

"Yep. It's supposed to start at five, which means we should be there at six."

"You will pick me up?"

"Yep. I'll see you later."

"Bye."