Chapter 5

"How was the date?" Dylan asked when he called me in the morning.

"Really good, actually."

"That's good. Hope you still have the energy to party tonight," he joked. 

"Always," I scoffed. 

"Are you bringing Sam?"

"I don't know. I feel like it's a bit too soon to go out two days in a row."

"Alright. Suit yourself."

"What should I wear tonight?" I asked, opening my closet.

"I don't know. Whatever you feel like wearing."

"Thanks. Helpful," I joked. 

I pulled out a black skintight dress. To quote Karl Lagerfeld, "One is never overdressed or underdressed with a little black dress." Who would I be to doubt Karl Lagerfeld's fashion advice?

I picked up a pair of 70's inspired white disco boots and was suddenly proud of my outfit. The dress hugged me in all the right places and slimmed me down and the boots not only made my legs look really long but they also added some personality to my outfit. I threw on an oversized denim jacket because it was a bit cold outside and left the house right as Dylan pulled up into the driveway. 

"Guess I'm going to be fighting guys off all night," he complimented. 

"You don't think it's too much?" I asked. 

"No, we're going to some rich kid's house. It's perfect."

He was not joking when he said the place was rich. This house was a mansion. the driveway itself was so big, you could barely hear the music driving into the gates. 

"Cool house," I commented. 

"Yeah, it's huge."

"Who's is it?"

"Ethan Prescot's."

"Really?" I asked, shocked. 

"Yeah, he said his parents were out of town and said he could throw a party, as long as he cleans it all up."

"That's going to be a lot of work."

"Yeah, well if your parents are as rich as his, I'm sure you can afford it."

"No wonder he's so stuck up."

"It does explain a lot," he agreed. 

The inside of the mansion was even more impressive. The house was modern and sleek and a long chandelier hung from the ceiling in the entrance. I tall staircase was winding up to the second floor and people were everywhere. 

I grabbed Dylan's hand and began walking towards the blaring music. Once we saw people dancing, I pulled him into the dancefloor and we began swinging our bodies to the music. My hips swayed as I ran my hands through my hair, making my head to the rhythm. I let my brain float away from my body and let the base take control. It all felt surreal. I didn't even need to drink alcohol to get this way. I just let myself forget about everything and let my body do it's thing. 

Suddenly, the music cut off. 

I turned my head and saw a tall blonde guy with curly hair holding the cord for the speaker in his hand. I knew him. His name was Tyler. He was one of Ethan's minions. 

"Look what we have here!" He yelled, as if we were in an arena and this was the Colosseum. 

"Shit," Dylan mumbled. 

I gave him a questioning look.

"He actually showed up!" Tyler continued, looking directly at Dylan. 

"What's happening?" I asked my friend. 

"Just leave, Asteria," Dylan whispered under his breath.

"And he brought the girl!" Tyler announced. 

"You promised you wouldn't touch her!" Dylan yelled. 

"We said nothing about you," said Tyler, walking closer to us so he didn't have to yell. 

Suddenly, a fist flew out and punched Dylan in the face. More followed. It was as if there were coming from every angle, everywhere. 

"Stop!" I screamed, but it was like shouting into an empty tunnel. "Let go of him! Why are you doing this!?" I said, turning to Tyler. 

"Because the boss said so, and you would be an idiot to disrespect the king."