Chapter 8

Today was a bad day. I could tell from the moment I woke up and glanced out the window to find the sky in a light shade of gray. I always hated weather like this. If it's going to rain it should rain hard, and if it's not it should be sunny. I hated this in-between weather.

I rolled out of bed in the most lazy manner and walked over to my closet to pick out an outfit for one of these days when I don't feel like putting much effort into my looks. The result was a baggy but somehow aesthetic long-sleeve shirt I bought a few weeks ago and a pair of black leggings. I then pulled out a pair of warm socks that were the same beige color as my shirt and my cherry red Doc Martins, which made my feet feel warm and comfortable. I walked over to the mirror to see how I looked, and realized how big I looked. 

I was more curvy than thin, with wide shoulders, big boobs, wide hips, and a comparatively small waist. I was not fat, per se, but I was not thin either. The shirt that I was wearing hid my waist and I looked big all-around. I lifted my shirt and lowered the waistband of my leggings to reveal my non-flat belly. Running my finger along the bump on my lower stomach, I suddenly regretted eating so much yesterday. 

I was so busy looking at my fat in the mirror that I did not realize that the door opened and someone walked in until I saw a tall figure standing behind me in the mirror. I suddenly let go of my shirt, allowing it to fall and cover my stomach and my hands went to my heart as I jumped and spun around. 

"What the hell?" I yelled. "You scared me half to death!"

"Sorry. Thought I knocked," Ethan said. 

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I thought you could use the ride. Your mom told me that I can find you here."

"Damn it, Mom," I muttered under my breath. 

He was silent for a second, looking at me like he was trying to read me like a book. 

"You know that you are beautiful, right?" He said, surprising me. 

I just looked at him, not sure what to say.

"I saw you looking at yourself in the mirror and I don't think that you should think of yourself like that."

I felt myself blush. "Like what?"

He didn't say anything in return. He just walked up to me and pulled me into a tight hug. My head was pressed against his chest and he felt...welcoming and warm. It was like a soft fire and a heavy blanket on a cold winter day. 

After a while, he lowered his hands to my waist and spun me around to face the mirror. His hands moved a little forwards to touch my stomach and whispered in my ear, "You are beautiful."

I saw my face turn red  in the mirror and I looked away and pulled away from him, walking over to grab my bag, trying to minimize the amount of my blushing that he has seen. 

"So you are giving me a ride?" I asked. 

"Yep."

"Thanks," I said, a little too cheerfully.