Chapter 7:

_________________________________________________________

Walpurgis was a mess. That's the only way to call it. The fault was with one person alone, Clayman. Now, he still didn't like the undead who mostly likely wasn't his fan either.

He had destroyed the Farmas army whose souls he wanted to reap, given Myulan back her freedom just a few weeks ago, was the primary reason there was lost contact with Kazaream even if he shouldn't know it was Rimuru's fault and didn't get Milim under his control. On top of that the rest wanted him as a new Demon Lord. It seemed an easy decision for most of the others.

He already had the support of three. Dagrule voted for him because he trusted Dino, Ruminas and Leon because of his connection to Chloe, Ramiris because she liked him, Frey was pursued by Milim and Karion seemed to have just gone with the flow or maybe that was Milim, too, he wouldn't know.

Only Clayman was against it, terribly so. Despite having literally every other Demon Lord against him he vehemently voiced his opposition. Which led to a genius idea of Milim.

'Fight!'

She'd said, sporting a huge smile. And with that a match between a present and future Demon Lord came to be. The result was... lame. He'd tried to give the man an advantage, he really did but he was just... too weak. His attacks had no effect and the Slime decided he wasn't going to be a practice dummy. So he hit back.

He knew he hadn't used too much power but the undead was knocked out cold. In retrospect, it must really be because the man was such a small fry.

And while everyone knew the man to be a small fry, the display was apparently frightening. Because it took him a single punch. He had half a mind to say 'Ladies, ladies, only he.' But he was sure that wouldn't be well received, especially since not all of them were women. The rest wouldn't that easy to knock out, maybe Frey and Karion, certainly Ramiris, but that was it.

As a follow up he was officially named Demon Lord but then Frey decided to join Milim. Karion, too. Why, he couldn't understand as it never came to a fight between the two. So now everyone was bemoaning that they had to find a new name. Guess who they shoved the responsibility onto?

Yeah, him.

Eight Star Demon Lords it is.

The mess was successfully repressed. Thankfully, he had no mind to deal with such things. The Empire was probably preparing for war. Rudra wanted war, even without Yuuki so it was nothing short of foolish to not prepare themselves.

After a rough start, the Banquet was ended smoothly.

It was a long three months of careful preparation before the Empire started to move. Using the established surveillance system, he watched as the forces drew near. This fight would be a burden on his forces but manageable, therefore he left everything to them. Should there be problems, he'd deal with them, that's why he was in the surveillance room. Behind him was Souei.

He had offered up a reward for those who did outstanding work, without putting themselves in utter danger of course. Those who were no evolved further yet would get the chance. That's why Souei and Diablo were sitting out.

The Oni was carefully directing his spies from inside and Diablo was observing the screens calmly. He'd brought back quite a lot from his trip. There was no doubt Testarossa and the others would be at the front lines. Everyone was fired up.

Now then, how would the Empire fare against the strongest of both Tempest and the Labyrinth? The missing positions of floor bosses were filled after he was granted the Great Jura Forest. The introduction to the forest residents was... stressing but not the worst he had. He had also met Damrada again who surrendered the stolen Elves upon request.