Chapter 6:

_________________________________________________________

Yuuki was probably minding his own business at the moment, Rimuru thought. Soon, this would be over. He'd received word from Shizue that they had successfully sneaked into the academy a while ago and that they would send word once they moved.

He was glad about it, if they knew right away then he and Souei could go over there in case they need help while Benimaru prepares for possible invasions. Preparations were already done so that nobody could possibly surprise them. This had to be done in one strike. Disposing of Yuuki and getting the justification for it.

The problem would be Chloe. It wasn't too hard to deal with. Clayman had made no move, at least none he was aware of, so the coffin couldn't have been stolen but he had to be careful just in case it was. Milim was asked to defend Ruminas if it came to a Banquet before the battle so she wouldn't need to go. Nobody would defy her will and he was sure Guy wouldn't care all that much about whether they attended or not.

He took a sip of the tea he was holding. After this, the only thing they would need to keep an eye on was the Eastern Empire. Had to make sure his own would be prepared. Maybe consume [Justice King Michael] and disassemble it to make sure nobody gets hurt by it anymore. He wondered how consumed Rudra's mind was at that point. Definitely much, but how much?

This would take care of the Angels eradicating progressed civilizations, too. The end was in sight but to him, it felt far away somehow. Like an abyss he stared into but couldn't fathom the depth of. A part of him was scared by this.

He would win.

His enemies crushed.

The empire posed no threat.

They would regret the day they heard his name.

Nobody could beat him.

He'd tear them apart.

He would get whatever his heart desired.

No matter the consequences.

Those who dare oppose him will die.

Failure wasn't an option.

They ran. Shizue had tried to no avail to talk with Yuuki but it was futile. The children at their side, they kept running. She was holding Chloe's hand. Rimuru warned her that Chloe must be kept as far away from Yuuki as possible. At this rate, none of them would make it. The communication crystal they had was destroyed by him, so had to keep running, there was no other choice.

They turned around a corner and the exit came into sight. They ran even faster, however that was possible. And then they crashed.

The exit wasn't real, they realized this too late. It was over for them. Hinata shooed the children behind her, taking a protective stance, Shizue did the same. Neither of them noticed the light glowing softly.

The Hero of Flames charged forward in attempt to clear a path but the path left was too narrow for them to slip through. Yuuki was in the way. He struck back, his own swordsmanship no joke. Behind him another figure emerged, an elf? Half-elf? Shizue wasn't sure.

Kazaream, she was warned. A former Demon Lord. What a troublesome person he has as support. The one who defeated Kazaream was Leon. Rimuru had told her what he knew about the man. He was Chloe's childhood friend and the reason she and many others were summoned by the man was his desire to find her. He was the same as the children but he achieved the feat of overcoming the problem by himself. For Chloe. That's how important she was to him.