Chapter 4: Home Territory (Pt. 1)

Fall fell into a brutally cold winter season, and the villains' hearts just got colder along with the weather. The Spiderlings did their job: got the Sinister Six arrested along with all the other big bad guys they've crossed paths with, including the Shocker and Kingpin. They now have their own, cozy cells back in the Raft where the girls Julia, Maria, Hannah, and Claudia trapped them in to unveil their big escape. But, some of the villains could not care less about the Spiderlings, their minds too focused on the ones who have embarrassed them so many times they've lost count. Luckily for them, they have a man on the outside.

The guards of the prison are hiring a decently sized wave of new transfers from Rykers because of how intense the inmates are here at the Raft. One of them happens to have a scar on the side of his bald head. This man constantly has a hand on his hip, covering the handle of the gun he was given. He just got his schedule for the day and he is set to guard the security cameras which are located at the center of the prison.

"Hector," the man tips his hat at another officer as he passes by, speed walking to his assigned post. The guard only nods in response and he continues on his way. However, our main officer doesn't mind. He licks the back of his teeth with his tongue, tempting himself not to smile when he reaches the security room.

There is only one other officer already sitting in his rolly chair. He uncrosses his legs and turns to his partner as he enters the room. "Hey, you're new right? What's your name again?"

"Sampson." The transfer guard can't help but to smile at the question. He closes the door behind him and looks around, not making any move to get closer. He makes slight eye contact with the man in the chair and shrugs. "I would ask your name, but it's irrelevant."

Sampson quickly pulls out his gun and presses the trigger, only giving the other guard enough time to change his expression to worry and surprise. One shot through the forehead deals with him instantly. Sampson pockets his gun and pushes the nameless guard out of the way, trying not to get his clothes too bloody. He smiles and observes the screens before pressing a red button on the control panel.

Everything is chaos. The lights are off, only flickering every few moments as the backup tries to register itself. The emergency locks on every cell secure downward, not allowing any prisoner to escape. Sampson takes off his walkie-talkie and says in an urgent voice, "I-I walked into the security room and saw my partner down! Whoever it was must have been able to slip past me in the dark. I'll secure the lower level inmates."

"Officer Reginald, no! Stay at your post. We will have more experienced personnel deal with that," the commander responds.

Sampson already walks out of the room, not taking no for an answer. "Not a good idea. Whoever broke in is still in the upper levels, they can't have gone far. I'll create a barricade to make sure they can not reach the lower levels."

It takes a few moments, but the commander responds, "Alright, officer. We will send backup your way."

However, backup never comes. Sampson is successful in creating a barricade, but the purpose is not to keep the lower inmates contained. Instead, he wants to keep the other officers out of his business. He walks along in the dark, using his flashlight to make sure he makes the correct turns. It does not take him long to get to the room he was looking for. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you like being on the inside of a prison cell."

The clear walls of the cells show five of the Raft's most dangerous inmates all in one room in separate holding areas. Sampson smirks as he shines his flashlight into all of the cells individually. Electro rolls his eyes and leans his head back onto the wall he's resting against. "Mr. Perfect over here came down to mock us during an emergency. What gives, copper?"