twenty

I was currently sitting on the balcony playing the ukulele. The sun was setting as I sat against the wall.

We stayed in the hotel for most of the day because of it raining. But luckily, it won't rain for the rest of the time here.

The only plus about it is that I could let my sunburn heal. The ukulele was super easy to learn.

"If we had five more minutes." I sing as I strum. That song always reminds me of my dad.

Only because it makes me think of what I would do if we had five more minutes. I heard the sliding door open to reveal Owen.

I stopped strumming as I looked at him. "Hey." I smile as he does the same. He sits on the wall opposite of me.

He looks over at the sunset. "The sunsets gorgeous." He says in awe. I look over it and take it in. "It really is." I admit.

The sunrises are beautiful here too. Everything about Hawaii is beautiful. He then looked over at me.

I've been out here by myself for most of the day, learning how to play the ukulele and listening to the rain.

"Can you play any songs on it yet?" Owen asked making conversation. "I know a few." I blush lightly.

"Play me a song." I thought about it for a second. I started strumming the chords to Unsaid Emily.

He smiled as I strummed. "Are you gonna sing it?" He asked as I shrug. "If you want me to." He nodded so I mentally agreed.

I sang the first verse and it was hard at first. "If I could take us back, if I could just do that." I sing.

"And write in every empty space the words I love you in replace." I strum along as I think about the lyrics.

"Then maybe time will not erase me." I look over towards the sunset. "If you could only know, I never let you go."

It reminds me of my dad. "And the words I most regret are the one I never meant to leave unsaid Christopher." I look at Owen.

He had a confused look on his face. I stop playing to look at him. "Who's Christopher?" He asked curious.

I looked at him softly. "My dad." I say in almost a whisper. He gives me a light smile. He looks over at the sunset, which was barely visible.

"He would've loved you." I admit while thinking about it. I couldn't but smile. "You think so?" He asked lightly.

I nodded my head. It was dark now but I could still see the outline of his face. "Of course." I smile a little.

"I wish you could've met him." I admit to him. I lean my head back as I strum on the ukulele. "Me too. He sound's amazing." I give him a genuine smile.

I like talking about my dad like this. Like he's still here. "He really was." He smiled over at me.

"So, you wanna teach me how to play?" He hinted towards the ukulele. I nodded as I moved over to him.

I sit next to him, our shoulders touching. My heartbeat rose as he grabbed on the ukulele. I could smell his scent from here.

And he smelt the same from what I remember. "Where we at boss?" Owen asked. I know he knows some of the chords.

We sit there for a good thirty minutes and he had a lot of it down. He kept messing up on this one cord though and I could tell he's aggravated.

"It's this one right here." I put my finger on the string as he does the same. Our fingers graze each other and electricity runs through it.

I quickly pull my hand away and look up at Owen. He was looking at me with soft eyes. He had the same expression as I did.

Our faces were close together. I pull myself back into reality and look away. "Maybe I should stick to the drums." He joked making me laugh.

The sliding door opened revealing Charlie. "Are you going to hang out with us or are you gonna be weirdos and sit by yourself?" He asked.

"Let me attempt to get up." I joke. I was still sore from yesterdays hike. I slowly get up and go inside, Owen following.

He hands me my ukulele so I can take it to my room. Sav was in there and she smiled. "You okay? You seemed flushed." She had suspicion in her voice.

"It's just my sunburn." I lie. She didn't say anything else. We all hang out in living room for a while, but Owen heads off to bed.

Charlie, Jeremy, and I start cleaning up the kitchen but as always, we don't take it serious.

Charlie and I started hitting each other with the towels, making me laugh. I whip him with the towel making him drop his jaw.

He takes the paper towel roll and throws it at my head. Jeremy stands back to watch this.

Charlie stood back and started thinking. "I can't hit a women." He said making us three laugh. Booboo then walks in to see what's going on.

I don't know how, but we started quoting the scene from neighbors with Dave Franco and Zac Efron.

"Junk before trunk." Charlie told me. We weren't even cleaning the kitchen anymore. "Man purses before regular purses." I quote.

"John madden before Jasmine from Aladdin." We repeated it just like the movie causing us to laugh at the the end.

Booboo and Jeremy just shake their heads as they continue to clean. After a while, I could feel myself getting tired.

"Alright, goodnight guys. I'm tired." I tell the boys. "See ya Larry." I look at Charlie confused.

But when I saw Jeremy laughing I understood it. He was calling me Larry the Lobster from Spongebob.

I flip him off as the three boys laughed at me. I lay in my bed and message Kyle. I tell him how I missed him.

I haven't heard him much since we left for the trip. But I know that we've both been super busy.

I quickly fall asleep on the bed. But I felt someone sit on my bed. I look to see it's Owen. He had his hair down and he had his cream hoodie on.

"What's wrong?" I ask looking at him. He looks at me softly as he places his hand on my cheek. His thumb rubs it making my heart race.

He moves a strand of my hair behind my ear. I move closer to him so I could read his face. He looks from my eyes to my lips.

"What are you dreaming about?" I then look at him confused. I look down at my hands to see I have an extra finger on my hand.

Before I could look back up at Owen, I shoot up in my bed. I was sweating and trying to catch my breath.

I look around to see sun shining in through the blinds. I look at Savannah to see she was walking out of the bathroom.

She looks at me worriedly as she walks over to me. "Are you okay?" She asked worriedly. I had finally caught my breath.

"Yeah. Just a bad dream."