Chapter 9

Later that night Jade, Theo, Draco, Blaise, Pansy, Daphne, Aden and Astoria were in the common room. Pansy was pacing.

"That foul, evil, old gargoyle. We're not learning how to defend ourselves. Henry, Weasley, Granger, Aden and Astoria aren't learning to pass their OWLS. She's taking over the entire school!" Pansy said.

"Security has been and will remain the Ministry's top priority. Furthermore, we have convincing evidence... that these disappearances are the work... of notorious mass murderer Peter Pettigrew." Fudge said.

"Jade." Sirius said.

"Sirius? What are you doing here?" Jade said.

"Answering your letter. You said you were worried about Umbridge. What's she doing? Training you to kill half-breeds?" Sirius asked.

"She's not letting us use magic at all." she said.

"Well, I'm not surprised. The latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat." he said.

"Combat? What does he think, we're forming some sort of wizard army?" Theo asked.

"That's exactly what he thinks. That Dumbledore is assembling his own forces to take on the Ministry. He's becoming more paranoid by the minute. Even though he believes you he still has a lot going on. The others wouldn't want me telling you this, Jade... but things aren't going at all well with the Order. These disappearances are just how it started before. Voldemort is on the move."

"Well, what can we do?" Blaise asked.

"Someone's coming. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. But for now, at least, it looks like you're on your own." Sirius said.

Then Pansy walked up to the window.

"We've got to learn to defend ourselves. And if Umbridge won't tell us how we're going to need someone that can." she said.

A few days later they were on their way to Hogsheads.

"This is mad! Who'd want to be taught by me? I'm a Slytherin remember?" Jade said.

"Look on the bright side: you can't be any worse than old toad face." Theo said.

"Thanks, Theo."

"I'm here for you, mate." he said.

"Who's supposed to be meeting us, then?"

"Just a couple of people." Pansy said.

"One more question. Why are you letting all four houses here? I would think it was only Slytherin. But Hufflpuff, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor?" Daphne asked.

"I don't know why. I really don't." Pansy said.

"Lovely spot." Blaise said when they got there.

"Thought it would be safer off the beaten track." she said.

"Matey, come back here." someone said.

A few minutes later they were all inside and waiting to hear something. So Pansy stood up and started.

"Hi. So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts." she said.

"Why?" Zabini asked.

"Why? Because the Dark Lord is back, you tosspot." Draco said.

"So she says." Zabini said looking at Jade.

"So Dumbledore says. And besides, you all saw what happened." Daphne said.

"So Dumbledore says because she says. The point is, where's the proof? If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed..." Zabini said.