Chapter 10

"Now, focus on a fixed point and try again. Luna." Jade said while she walked around.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Very good. Keep your concentration." Jade said "Great."

"A little higher." Jade said while she pulled George's wand a little.

Then he looked at her and made Nigel fall.

"Whoa! I'm okay. I'm okay." he said when he stood up.

"Stupefy!" someone said.

"Stupefy!"

"Those wishing to join the Inquisitorial Squad for extra credit... may sign up in the high inquisitor's office."

"Diminuendo!"

"Working hard is important, but there's something that matters even more: Believing in yourself." Jade said.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Levicorpus! Got it."

"Think of it this way. Every great wizard in history has started out... as nothing more than what we are now: students. If they can do it, why not us?" she continued.

"Stupefy!" someone said.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Expelliarmus!"

"Expelliarmus."

"Reducto!" Ginny said.

Then the figure turned into dust.

"Expelliarmus!"

"Expelliarmus!"

"Expelliarmus!"

"Expelliarmus!" Neville said.

Then the girl in front of Neville wand went out of her hand.

"Fantastic, Neville. Well done." Jade said.

"So that's it for this lesson.

Now, we're not gonna be meeting again until after the holidays. So just keep practicing on your own as best you can. And well done, everyone. Great, great work."

Everyone started clapping then got their things.

"Well done, mate." Draco said.

"Thanks." she said.

"See you after Christmas."

"See you in the Common Room, Jade." Astoria said.

"Thanks a lot, Jade." Neville said.

"No worries." she said.

"Thank you so much." someone else said.

"Not at all. Merry Christmas." she said.

"Thank you, Jade." someone said.

"Thank you. Merry Christmas." she said.

"Merry Christmas." someone else said.

"Have a good Christmas Jade!" Luna said.

"Have a great Christmas, Luna." she said back.

After that Jade headed back to the common room.

A few hours later Jade was a sleep and saw a snake. It was Nagini. Then she heard something and saw Mr. Weasley.

'Voldemort is after something. Something he didn't have the last time.' she heard Sirius say.

"Jade."

Then she saw Nagini bite him.

"Ahh!"

She tossed and turned while she listened to him.

Finally she woke up and took deep saw Daphne look at her. A few minutes later Jade and the four Weasley's were at Dumbledore's office.

"In the dream were you standing next to the victim or looking down at the screen?" Dumbledore asked not looking at her.

"Neither, I only heard, Professor can you please just tell me what's going on?" Jade asked.

"Everard, Arthur's on guard duty tonight. Make sure he's found by the right people."

"Sir." Jade said.

"Phineas. You must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Place. Tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured... and his children will be arriving there soon by Portkey."

"They've got him, Albus. It was close, but they think he'll make it. What's more, the Dark Lord failed to acquire it." Everard said.

"Oh, thank goodness. Next we need to..."

"Look at me!" Jade yelled.

Everyone looked at her in shock.

"What's happening to me?"

"You wished to see me headmaster?" Snape said.

"Severus, I'm afraid it can't wait, not even until tomorrow or else we'll be vulnerable."

Then Snape took her to his office.

"It appears there's a connection... between the Dark Lord's mind and your own. Whether he is, as yet, aware of this connection is, for the moment, unclear. Pray he remains ignorant." he said.

"You mean, if he knows about it, then... he'll be able to read my mind?" she asked.

"Read it, control it... unhinge it. In the past, it was often the Dark Lord's pleasure... to invade the minds of his victims... creating visions designed to torture them into madness. Only after extracting the last exquisite ounce of agony... only when he had them literally begging for death, would he finally... kill them. Used properly, the power of Occlumency... will help shield you from access or influence. In these lessons, I will attempt to penetrate your mind. You will attempt to resist. Prepare yourself."

Then he took out his wand.

"Legilimens!"

"Ahh!"

"Concentrate, Potter. Focus." he said a little worried about this.