3.0; Fuck you, Damon.

"Morning Elena, Morning Bonnie." Stefan greeted the girls as him and Lorelai walked up. Lorelai smiled at the darker-skinned girl, like she'd done every time she'd met up with her, only this time instead of returning the smile, Bonnie quickly looked away. 

"I, uh, should go find Caroline, she hasn't been answering her phone." She told the group before walking away. Lorelai followed closely behind her. 

"Bonnie, wait up." Bonnie hesitated but stopped walking. "Thanks for ditching me with the lovebirds, what's up with you? You've been acting weird around me and Stefan since last night."

"I'm not acting weird, I just need to find Caroline." Bonnie started walking again. This time Lorelai grabbed her hand to try and stop her and she froze up just like she did when she touched Stefan. Tearing her hand away from the Salvatore, Bonnie backed up slowly, her expression unreadable. "I have to go."

Lorelai didn't try to stop her this time, instead she let her walk away, rolling her eyes she headed to Tanner's class.

While in class, Bonnie spent the whole class doodling in her notebook, while Lorelai tried to nap at her desk in the back corner of the classroom. At some point Tanner ended up quizzing the youngest Salvatore, which led to the whole class clapping for him, only then did Lorelai lift her head. Looking around she glared, "Why the hell is everyone clapping?"

Tanner didn't hesitate to glare back. "Had you been paying attention you would know, Ms. Salvatore." Flipping him off, Lorelai gathered her things. "Ou-"

"'Out, now, Ms. Salvatore.' I know the drill." She could almost feel Stefan's disapproving look as she exited the classroom, but she didn't really care, her earlier conversation with Bonnie put her in a bad mood and she wasn't sure why.

•°•°•

Lorelai had been looking for Stefan, ready to leave for the day, unable to find him, and even more annoyed she headed to where she knew Elena would be, figuring they would be together like they always were. Surprisingly enough Stefan wasn't with her, but of course Bonnie was. "Elena!" She called out as she approached the area where the cheerleaders were practicing. "Have you seen my brother?"

"Yeah," Elena pointed towards the football field. "He's trying out for the team."

Lorelai rolled her eyes, though the girls couldn't see it behind her sunglasses. "That idiot."

Lorelai had started to walk away when Elena stopped her. "Hey, wait." Turning around Lorelai made her way back over to them, waiting for Elena to continue as she eyed the various cheerleaders surrounding them. "I was just telling Bonnie that I'm having dinner at my place with Stefan and I would love for you two to come, too." Bonnie looked at her friend with a shocked expression adorning her features.

Pulling her sunglasses down a bit, Lorelai caught a random cheerleader checking her out, smirking she winked at the girl before turning back to Elena. "I don't think so, tonight I'll probably be doing... things." The smirk remained on her face until Elena started begging. 

"Please, it will be fun, I promise. Please?"

"Doubtful." Lorelai groaned, pushing her sunglasses up on top of her head. "Fine, maybe, that's the best I can do."