04- The Not So Great Outdoors || Part 2

Logan's POV

"Oh shit," DJ muttered as we stood on top of a cliff in our bathing suits. I peered down at the water.

Nuh-uh. This is not what I signed up for.

"Okay. Today's challenge is three-fold. Your first task is to jump off this 1,000-foot high cliff into the lake," Chris said.

"Piece of cake," Bridgette uttered to Tyler and I.

"If you look down, you will see two target areas. The wider area represents the part of the lake that we have stocked with psychotic... man-eating sharks!" Chris informed us with a cackle. "Inside that area is a safe zone. That's your target area, which we're pretty sure is shark-free."

"Excuse me?" Leshawna responded.

"You're pretty sure or are you sure?" I asked with a quirked brow.

"For each member of your team that jumps and actually survives, there will be a crate of supplies waiting below. Inside each crate are supplies that you'll need for the second part of the challenge... building a hot tub," Chris explained, disregarding our concerned comments.

"The team with the best one gets to have a wicked hot-tub party tonight. The losers will be sending someone home," our host finished. "Let's see... Killer Bass, you're up first."

Bridgette headed over to the edge of the cliff and looked down.

"Oh, wow. So... who wants to go first?" she asked, hesitating. I gulped, rubbing my arm as my team stood in silence.

"Hey, don't sweat it, guys. I heard that these shows always make the interns do the stunt first to make sure it's survivable," Owen spoke out, trying to reassure us.

"So who's up?" Eva asked.

"Ladies first," Duncan answered, glancing at me. I glanced between the water and back at my teammates.

//Logan's Confessional

"My therapist told me this camp would be great idea to get out of my 'shell', whatever that means. So she gave me a flyer and here I am. But my therapist failed to mention that I would be on a suicide mission for a hundred grand. However, I wasn't going to let my team think that I was a chicken." //

"Fine, I'll go. It's no big deal... just an insane cliff dive into a circle of angry sharks," I muttered, standing at the edge of the cliff. With my mind now as a clean slate, I felt my feet leave the ground.

Plummeting to my death from a 1,000-foot cliff was definitely not on my bucket list but hey, it's one way to go on national television and all.

I came back up from the water and looked around to see where I was at. Fortunately, I landed in the safe zone.

With a grin, I waved up to my teammates to assure them that I was safe as a boat pulled up next to me. Small cheers erupted out of them before they followed in my actions.

Tyler jumped after Bridgette, but he didn't have such a smooth landing as we did. He ended up hitting a metal buoy on the way down causing Bridgette and I to wince from the boat.

Geoff, Eva, and Duncan trailed behind with effortless landings while Ezekiel managed to hit the cliff and Harold ended up landing on his kiwis.

I couldn't help but notice that Courtney, DJ, and Izzy failed to dive when Katie and Sadie hopped off the cliff together.

As the two girls reached the shore, I asked them about my team's whereabouts.

"Well Courtney and DJ are coming down with chicken hats on," Katie started, "they didn't want to do the challenge."