Chapter 6

*warning gaslighting mentioned*

"What the hell are these grades? You have four B's, two A's and two C's are you serious y/n? You're not going to get into a good college with these grades. You need to do better than this and study more, you're always on that fucking phone I should take it away from you." Here you were again having another argument with your mother over your grades.

Tears were already streaming down your face not being able to stand your mom yelling at you for the thousandth time.

You hated getting yelled at every time your parents got mad they would always yell at you for no reason and their voice would just get louder and louder every time they spoke.

"I'm sorry..." You didn't know what to say sorry doesn't seem to be enough anymore.

Your mom slammed her hand on the table and threw your report card at you, "If you were sorry you would get better grades than this and actually take your education seriously."

You flinched as she slammed her hand and quickly tried to pick up the report card from the floor.

"God for once why can't you just take this seriously I want you to be successful in life I don't want you to be working at a fast food restaurant or the dollar store for the rest of your life." You looked down and put your arms behind your back, hiding the report card behind you as well.

You were starting to get frustrated and you just wanted to go back to your room. Clenching your fists and digging your nails into your hands to control your anger.

"I'm sorry I'm not smart enough...you know I've always struggled with school." Your mom laughed at your remark and looked at you with a pissed off look.

"You are smart you just choose to be lazy and not do anything. Why can't you be like your brother? He listens to me, he does his chores without talking back, he does well in school and you? You like to talk back and give me attitude, as soon as I walk in a room with you in it you get mad at me for no reason it's like you can't stand to be in the same room as me. Why can't you use your head for once and think before your actions."

Every word just hurts you even more you don't understand why she's so hard on you. Literally you try you best and it's never enough to please your parents.

You're so burned out you don't know how much longer you can take this.

"I'm not lazy I do a lot of stuff as well you just are never around to see it. I don't have an attitude until you point out that I have one when I never had an attitude in the first place THEN I start to have one." You spoke up in a low voice enough for your mom to hear.

"Oh talking back now?" Your mom got up and walked over to you raising her hand at you.

You prepared yourself for a quick moment before she slapped you, "Talk back again and you'll get more than just a slap now go to your room I'm tired of seeing your face."

You held up one of your hands to your cheek and quickly went to your room throwing your report card in the trash. Shutting your door you turned off all the lights and made your way towards your bed crying into your pillow.

Why must she be like this to you? You tried to get good grades but it was always so hard for you to concentrate and get good grades. You really did try your best no matter how much you hated school you just wanted to make your parents proud for once.

You started yelling into your pillow, "Why why why!? What did I ever do for you to hate me this much?! Why must you put the weight of the world on my shoulders I didn't ask for any of this mom!"