Chapter 1 (Intoduction)

"I saw it"Katie said as she looked back at the dark blue water. She saw a tale that looked like a whale's,though it was to small to be a whales and the lake is to small. I ran in the water looking around to find nothing.

Katie ran home soaking wet. "Honey,your soaking wet"Mom said "I'am fine,I'll go clean myself up"Katie said."Mom you worry to much about me"."Katie it's my job to worry"Mom announced.

Katie walked to her room changed and went on the internet Katie was determined to know what it was that she saw. She went through websites till one stood out. A mermaid but that is probably not one because they don't exist.

Katie decided tomorrow she will go again that is what had to be done.Katie went back to the lake,but something was wrong she felt a temptation she couldn't stop..why..just go back she told herself...she couldn't within seconds it felt like the water was trying to give me a hug.She couldn't control herself then something grabbed her...she got pulled up.

Hailey her best friend followed her and pulled her up."thank you so much Hailey I-"Katie was interrupted by hailey"why did you jump in the lake." I don't know I was looking at the water and all of a sudden I couldn't control myself and jumped in"Katie said.Katie was scared but she wouldn't admit it."I'am fine"Katie announced to Hailey....no she wasn't she ran strait home.

Wondering what gave the temptation to jump in the temptation was unusual..scary she couldn't tell her mom or her mom wouldn't let her go back to investigate.Although she did want to see what was the real story behind that lake was,she didn't want to be pulled in it forever.

katie wasn't getting the information she needed.she needed to go back but no look at the water.Katie hugged her mom and left.

===========================Hey tell me if you like it so I could make chapter 2 please thanks :)