Chapter 8

----------------------------------------------thanks for reading I would have never guessed this book would get this much reads. please tell me if I need to Improve or tell me if you like.enjoy!

~Jake~

Last thing I remember is getting shot in the arm but I'am healed and perfectly fine.I hope that guy what was it again...oh yeah Ron. Anyway I fainted before seeing if he toke Katie. I open my eyes and see my back on Katie's back and our hands are tied together. I sigh in relief that Ron didn't take her.

I look around then realize Ron on the floor bleeding out in a pool of blood,he is probably dead because of how much blood he lost. Also that my feet are tied together the rope has a weird texture rough and dry. I turn my head a little to see Katie when I could see her whole face I see she I sleeping or fainted and has a big purple bump on her forehead and blood on her hands. Who did this? I think to myself. I don't want to but I need to I softly tap Katie's shoulder with mine.She wakes up and her eyes wide open and I whisper to her

"Who did this"

"Coral"she says shaking

"What are you sure" I tell her she nods in agreement. I feel everything slip away trust how could Coral do that she looked so nice I guess you don't judge a book by its cover. To think that I was hugging Katie and feeling so good about it then now us tied up by a friend.

A couple minutes later Katie pulls a knife out from the back pocket of her jeans.

"Where did you get that" I ask shocked

"I might have killed Ron with it because he shot you I found it in a drawer" She says

"Cut the rope" I whisper not wanting anyone else to hear.

"I can't" she whispers back putting the knife in my hands.Then Coral bursts into the room and I slide the knife under my hand covering it out of view.
Coral walk over to me and touches my cheek I move my face away away. I avoid looking Coral in the eye cause if I do I will see the betrayal in her eyes.

"Looks like you both are awake that's nice" Coral says. Katie is shivering like crazy and the feel of it on my back makes me want to hug her but I can't.

"How could you"Katie says quietly

"You had it coming,anyway that guy isn't dead just fainted I'am going to take him to a hospital to be checked out it's funny how different and alike my world and yours are" Coral says. Coral begins to get Ron up and out the door once she is gone for a while I take out the knife and place it on what I'am sure is the rope and start cutting. After about five minutes of rubbing the knife against the rope it brakes free. I move my hand and body so that I'am facing Katie the start cutting the other rope on our hands till it brakes free then I cut the rope on my legs.

"I'am free,do you want me to cut the rope on your feet." I say Katie nods in agreement. once I have her legs untied Coral slams the door open.

"I see you got out"Coral says

"Why are you doing this" I say walking closer to her.

"Ok Katie is in my way,why don't you love me Jake!" Coral shouts

"Cause look at what your doing" I say then quickly I quickly pull her hands behind her back.

"Run Katie I will meet you later!" I scream. Then Katie bolts out of the room like if a tiger were chasing her. I lead Coral into a different room then lock her in it. I run out and right as I open the door someone jumps on my back.

"Hey,did you think I was a bad guy?" To my surprise Katie was there.

"Yup total bad guy that weighs about seventy pounds and is five foot so scary, come on I never did get to show you the place but put on your tale first" I say.

Once we get there Katie stands for a moment looking at things. I wonder what she is thinking.

"This place is in an air bubble therefore fairies,gryphons and things like that can live, nothing here is hostile no matter what people think." I say then she turns to me and gives me a hug

"Thank you so much this is awesome"she says and excitement fills her eyes. I can't stop thinking about what Coral said 'why don't you love me' love is a strong word and I'am not giving it to Coral. Then Katie grabs my wrist and pulls me to look at a parade because today is the old mans son's birthday. Katie is mesmerized by all the colors an lights then I feel someone pull me away from Katie's grasp and cold metal touches my throat. Its a knife.

"Don't say a word or I do it" Coral says