Chapter 15

Takes place in the past 

-Warning-

-Manipulation 

-Bullying 

-Voices 

- Mentions of abuse and trauma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Techno woke up to the sound of the bells. He felt sudden dread as he pulled his covers off. The bells always gave him a headache. They were loud and would shake the building. His ears folded back, trying to quiet the ringing. He got ready and stood outside of his room like everyone always did. He watched as all the kids did the same, walking out, smiling like they weren't woken up at the crack of dawn. Techno watched as one by one, the doors opened and children appeared from their rooms. His gaze stopped at one door down the hall.

 A minute had passed and the door didn't open. Techno smirked, That kid's going to be in for it. Right on cue, Miss Catherine came up the stairs to make sure everyone was awake. She walked down the row and counted each of them, stopping at the last door. She knocked and called for whoever was in there to come out, and to everyone's surprise, whoever was in there shouted back. Techno couldn't make out what was said but he could tell by Miss Catherine's face that it was bad. Her face turned red in fury and she threw the door open. Techno could hear arguing from the room and watched wide-eyed when she stomped out.

Moments passed, the boy his age was finally dragged out. The boy had dirty blond hair and freckles that scattered his cheeks. His tie was a mess, looking like he threw it on and hoped for the best. His eyes swept over everyone, glaring. His eyes were an emerald green. Techno paused as he could have sworn something was off about the boy's eyes but before he could be sure, the next set of bells echoed in the halls.

They all walked down the stairs and stood in their lines before the main door. Techno watched as the doors opened, revealing the Headmaster in all his praised glory. The old man always carried a unique smile that any outsider would find welcoming. But for Techno, it was far from it. He fidgeted with his hands in his pockets as the man came closer.

"Hello Headmaster" The crowd of kids welcomed him in unison. Techno mumbled the words.

"Hello children" The Headmaster's voice boomed across the front room. "I hope you haven't been too much trouble for Miss Catherine." He looked to Techno as he finished his sentence, his smile faltered then returned.

The kids in the crowd giggled and laughed towards each other but Techno trembled. He swallowed his pride deep within his throat and buried his thoughts. He shivered in a cold sweat as the Headmaster walked by him. The man never left Techno's sight as he watched his every move, every breath, trying to deter him using his eyes. Techno's ear twitched as the man opened his mouth to speak.

"Ah I see a new face here!" The Headmaster said, looking at the boy from earlier. He examined him. "Now don't you have some interesting eyes my boy." Techno shot a curious glance at him.

The boy looked confused at the Headmaster. Techno could now see he wasn't imagining things when he saw something off about his eyes. They glowed as he glanced around. His pupils resembled that of a snake or a cat. Techno watched the boy look uncomfortable as the Headmaster peered into his eyes.

"What do you mean?" he uttered quietly.

"Where are you from?" The Headmaster asked. He stared down at the boy, his attention never left him.

"That's none of your business, so stop staring at me." He glared at him.

"Dream, don't speak to the Headmaster that way!" Miss Catherine snapped. So his name's Dream, Techno looked back at the Headmaster again.