Chapter 24

Takes place in the past.

-Warnings-

-violence

-manipulation

-bullying

-abuse/neglect(?)

This chapter has some scenes that may disturb/trigger some readers, stay safe. Warning folks! this is where things go further downhill.

If you feel that you cannot handle the events, there will be a summary at the bottom to get you caught up! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Lucas? What are you doing?" Dream stammered out, he was wired as he stared at the captured duckling. The boy turned around and smiled widely. The other two glanced at one another and stood from the bed. Dream's heart shattered. He couldn't move. Dream wanted to yell at them but no words came. Betrayal struck him at full force, he was supposed to be his friend.

"Oh, hello Dream," Lucas smiled. He gave a small nod to the two behind him, making them stand up. They stood on either side of Lucas, giving Dream grim smiles. "You have a pretty interesting item here." He sauntered lightly to the window.

"Lucas, let it go." Dream's voice faltered but he held a determined face. Lucas smiled wider and continued walking. "I'm serious. Put it down or else."

"Or else what? You're going to go cry to your mommy?" He said mockingly. They all laughed at his remark. "Oh wait- she's dead."

"She is not dead!" Dream shouted, feeling his blood begin to boil within him. He tensed his arms and stomped defiantly.

"Then she left you. I mean, look at yourself," He chuckled with great amusement. "You were abandoned by two different families. No one ever comes back here after being adopted, yet here you are." He shook his head with mock pity.

"Shut up! I swear Lucas I'll-"

"You'll do what you little freak? What are you going to do?" Lucas sneered. He looked out the window, staring down at the courtyard below. "What are you going to do when I do this?" He unlatched the window and glanced back at Dream, a mischievous smile crawled on his face.

"W-what are you doing?" He stuttered, the breath in his lungs cowered. Dream took a step forward but was blocked by the two other boys.

"I'm just doing what you said," Lucas shrugged innocently. He stretched out his hand that held the precious item and dangled it outside of the window. The room seemed to slow as Lucas spoke. "I'm letting it go." His fingers loosened, letting the wooden duckling plummet to the ground.

The world shattered as the wood hit the gravel paths. Everyone cackled with laughter as Dream stared in deadly silence at the window. They circled him, nudging and pushing him like they were trying to break him more. Soon, they did. Something snapped within himself. It broke the chains that bound him, cut the strings that controlled him, and burnt the bridges that grounded him.

He balled his hands into fists, turning his knuckles a bone white. And before he knew it, he shoved and knocked over one of the kids who blocked his way. He felt a sadistic pleasure when the boy's nose broke beneath his fist with a sickening crack! His eyes glowed a violent green and only grew brighter with hatred as its fuel. The other kid seized underneath Dream's arms in an attempt to pry him off but only grabbed his attention. Dream shook off his grip and jumped up, his fist hitting the other kid in the gut. The brunette couldn't blink before another fist hit him in the cheek.

Lucas backed up, accidentally bumping into the metal drawer. Dream snapped up from the beaten boy and glared malevolently at Lucas. He slowly stood, clenching his fists tighter. His bruised and bloodied hands became numb to the pain, his glare focused on the traitor in front of him. He stalked silently towards the monster. Lucas stumbled back, crashing to the ground. His body trembled as Dream shadowed over him. He gripped the collar of his shirt and dragged him to his feet. Dream's eyes narrowed at Lucas while he shied away.