Waking up again - Prologue

Tamayo remembers her first life very vividly.

Her disease, her family, that man, demons.

It was killing her. And fast. An illness with no cure.

Just as she accepts it all, a man came, he tells her that he can help her. She was desperate. She thinks of her husband that she wishes to spend her remaining years with and her children that she wants to see grow up.

She accepts his hand. Oh how she much she regretted that.

She had found hope when she met a young boy with hanafuda earrings and his sister that had become a demon. Yushiro had rejected the idea of helping those humans back then. Claiming that they shouldn't interfere with their business.

She begs to differ. That young Kamado boy has such a beautiful and pure heart. She remembers the way his eyes glimmer with hope when she informed him that there was a way to bring his sister back to being human. She couldn't possibly take that hope away.

She could still recall the way she calls the man a dumbass, even after death. She figures she could at least do that.

She remembers her first death.

She remembers walking where the light doesn't exist. She remembers seeing her family in a place where light shines the brightest.

Then it clicks. Hell. That is where she's heading. It's alright really. It doesn't bother her. She thinks that she can finally atone for her sins.

But something doesn't add up. She arrives at the border of light amd darkness. Just as she takes another step a bright blue flame envelopes her. She loses her sight.

She thought that it was simply Hell welcoming her. She really did.

So how- no....why did she wake up again?

Breathing, feeling and alive and well. Nothing makes sense. The small hut that she found herself in reminds her that she's back in time where she had just managed to escape that man's clutches on her.

Did she perhaps...go back in time? No...that's too farfetched. One couldn't possibly reverse time. Then...did the gods give her another chance to live? No they wouldn't do that, let alone to someone who had killed and sinned like her.

So what is it? Why had she come back in time? Hundreds of years before her own death? How does she still have her memories? Wouldn't it make sense if she doesn't? Did others go back too? Did Yushiro also—

Agh.

There's no use in questioning it right now. She went back in time and woke up at exactly a few hundred years before the Final Battle. Meaning she'll just have to go through it all over again.

Those long years living- hiding from him. Long and torturous years that she went through just to defeat the man that started it all. She knows what will happen in the next hundred years. She remembers all of it.

The memory of procuring the demon cure is still fresh in her mind....should she try to do it all over again?

All she needs is demon blood from the ones closest to him and other factors that helped too. But she only managed to get them somewhere around the Taisho Era which is also when the Kamado Siblings first appeared...she just has to...wait..?

Tamayo bites her lips as she tries to find sense to it all. The possibility of "Time Travel" as she calls it is low or maybe none at all. She's back in the past and she knows far too much.

Should she get a journal to write all of her knowledge on? Yes...yes she should. She could help someone with it...she could help the whole Demon Slayer Corps with it.

Maybe she has been too distracted as she writes down the formula to the demon cure or maybe she was too overwhelmed with living again. Maybe that is why she doesn't notice the sun rising and lighting up the small hut that she once called home for a few years.

She also doesn't notice that she no longer burns under the light of the sun.