Living Again - Chapter 1

She met Yushiro. Again.

She was simply taking a walk back then. Basking in the warm sunlight. She had forgotten how fun it was. It hasn't been that long since she learned that the sun no longer turns her to ashes like it usually does to other demons.

It had confused her for some time. How could she possibly be immuned to the sun? The only demon in existence who survived the deadly sun wasn't her or that man but rather Kamado Nezuko.

No words can explain the relief and joy she felt. She no longer fears the warmth the sunshine offers. Instead she welcomes it. She recalls the time she spent hours, just looking at the blue and clear skies. When it rains, she doesn't return to her home immediately as fellow demons might take advantage of it, rather she stays and let's herself get showered with cool raindrops.

God she feels like a child again.

For the first time, she doesn't wish that he should die, she doesn't wish to see her family again, she wishes instead that those small moments of peace would last longer and that she doesn't have to experience them alone....

...she misses Yushiro too...she wonders when or what year she had met him first...

But as much as the gods show her mercy, it seems that she should not be too selfish. Voices started talking to her. The things they tell to her ranges from simple greetings to...threats...

It started with a whisper, she was just looking for medicinal herbs as she wanted to practice and relearn again and then those whispers in her head started getting louder. They turn to screams. They scream at her. She tries to tell them to shut up, she tells them that she's sorry and that she's atoning for her sins.

She thinks and believes that those screams are the voices of the ones she killed before, as if they are calling for help.

'It's all my fault.' She thinks.

'I should've stayed in hell back then...' She tells herself.

"I'm sorry..." She says outloud.

Those voices shattered the peace she just found herself in. She loses sleep— not that she ever sleeps in the first place— her walks in the morning becomes less and less, she buries herself in her work and experimentations. She goes back into her shell along with those voices.

Oh how she wishes that Yushiro was there to break her out again. She wishes to hear him bicker with their dear cat, Chachamaru. She wishes to see him again smiling. She wishes to see him telling her to take a break once in a while and offering her tea. Or even the times where he buys books for her to read.

She misses those days.

Yet she dismisses those thoughts, again. There is no use in entertaining useless musings. She has more pressing matters to take care of. Those annoying voices are more than enough to remind her that there is work to do.

They ask her what would happen if that man founds out about her immunity to the sun. They ask her what would she do. They ask if she's willing to help the Corps. They ask if there is progress with the cure. They ask if she's planning to join the Demon Slayers Corps—

They ask such questions she does not have answers to. Yet. And it annoys her to no end. She doesn't show it.

It's like a cycle. It goes on and on for years. She had written down most of the information about demons that she remembers of. If she has time and the courage, she would go to one village to another and often offers medical help. She was a doctor her first life, she shouldn't waste her knowledge.

Though...not once did she offered them the chance of becoming a demon like her. She knows it's possible. Yet the thought of dragging down someone with her terrifies her.

She wears a mask. People have dubbed her as the Immortal Masked Doctor. The name amuses her to no end.

She made herself busy. Abandoning her old home in favor of traveling. Besides the warm sun no longer bothers her. She had forgotten about Yushiro and Chachamaru during those years. She just couldn't afford to be drowned by the whispers when she could be doing so much.

But of course, fate perform its job again with success.

She arrives on Asakusa. The city where it all started. It brings back memories. She doesn't bother reminiscing. She simply buys a house. Big enough to allow her to do her doctor business. She doesn't bother to check and worry if that man might be around. She knows he isn't.

Someone knocks on her door. Without thinking much, she opens the door and greets them with a smile.

She drops her smile almost instantly when a man, lavender-like eyes that look tired and that familiar green to black hair greets her back.

Oh god.

It's him. They've met again. Yushiro.

.

.

.

Everytime you restart, you will gain something new.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hi there!
I don't really remember or know the back-story of how Yushiro actually met Tamayo. All I know was that Tamayo was treating him.
Here's my spin on how they met on this au of mine :D