Chapter 10: Well Deserved Day Off

That night I woke up startled from a dream. Not just a dream, a full-blown nightmare. In my dream I was back working where I used to work: I was a security guard for a music venue in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the night I had my accident. No one knew about it, except for Lucy and my parents. I stood a the front of a stage working security when it happened. Some crazed fan had tried to rush the stage and stab one of the musicians. Once I saw he had a knife I rushed to stop him, only to be stabbed in my side instead. Luckily it wasn't life-threatening, but every nightmare I have about it, I die instantly.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I looked at the clock and saw it was past midnight. Namjoon was sleeping peacefully beside me. I brushed a strand of hair away from his eyes and he stirred. A feeling of dread washed over me. The tour. I could not let the same thing happen. Breaking me from my thoughts Namjoon wrapped his arms around me and I lay my head on his bare chest, falling back asleep feeling safer than I ever have.

"Haruna, it's time to wake up baby," Namjoon kissed my forehead. I reached my arms out and cuddled close to him.

"Just five more minutes, Joonie," I said. "We have the whole day."

He chuckled. "Exactly, we need the whole day for what I have planned." I opened one eye and looked at him. "Why don't you go take a shower and meet me downstairs for breakfast." He got out of bed and got dressed. He wore my favorite black turtleneck and blue jeans. He winked at me and walked out of the bedroom and closed the door.

After I took my shower I dressed in my favorite pair of blue jeans and a black silk shirt. I walked downstairs and saw that breakfast was already served. "Good morning, Haruna," Jin said as they all sat at the table and looked back at me.

"Jin decided he was going to take over breakfast this morning," Jimin said.

"I'm not complaining," I said as I sat between Namjoon and Yoongi and smiled at Jin. "Thank you, Jin."

"You're welcome, Haru. The least I can do."

"Today is your day off, Haruna," Taehyung said. "You guys go out and have fun. We have things covered here."

"Are you sure? The laundry, the cleaning?"

"Don't worry about us," Yoongi said as they got up to get their breakfast. I stood up to get my plate, but Jimin and Jungkook shook their heads and I sat down. Namjoon put a plate in front of me. "We got this."

I nodded and waited for everyone to sit down and begin eating before I did. I looked around the table and smiled, trying to forget everything. Especially trying to forget that dream.

We left the house about 9:00 am that morning. Another car came to pick us up, but this time with security. "To make sure we're both safe," Namjoon assured me. I looked out the window at the scenery of Seoul. The first place that we had stopped at was the Trick Eye Museum. We walked arm and arm looking and playing with some of the exhibits. The second stop we made was at the Lotte Aquarium, where we went to an area and watch a beautiful scene of fish and other aquatic life. He stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I sighed as I leaned back against him.

"This is so beautiful, Joonie," I said softly. "I don't want to leave."

"I know Haruna, but we have to. We have one more stop before we go home."

I gave a little pout and pulled away from him. "Alright if we have to."

He looked at his phone. "The car is here." I nodded and took his hand, taking one more look at the giant tank as a sea turtle swam by and I followed him out of the building.

We got to the car and left. As we rode in the car, I placed my head on his shoulder. "So what do you have planned for the next adventure?" I asked him. He smiled.

"Are you hungry?" I nodded and said I was starving. "Good," he kissed my forehead. I looked out the window again and noticed the sun was setting.

"I hope the boys got dinner ok," I worried.

"They're fine. I haven't gotten any text message saying they burned down the house or anything."

I laughed as we pulled up to a gorgeous bridge with purple lights and rainbow fountains. Our last stop was Banpo Bridge. I looked at Namjoon as the driver got out and opened the trunk. "What are we doing here?"

"Oh, I thought a picnic would be the perfect way to end our day. They went to get the food when we were at the aquarium."

I nodded and followed him out of the car once the door opened. I took the basket from the driver and walked hand in hand with him to an area away from the crowd but still got a good view of the bridge. I helped him set out the blanket and we sat down, taking the food out of the basket and even a bottle of wine. "Ooh going pretty fancy aren't we Mr. Kim?"

He smiled at me as he opened the wine bottle and poured me a glass. "Well, Ms. Makibi," he said. "I just wanted to make today special for you." He handed me the glass of Moscato. "I know you needed the break."

"Thank you, Namjoon," I said after I kissed him. "Today has been wonderful. I don't want this to end."

We sat and watched the show and ate our meal. After the show, we started to pack up the food. "Hey Haruna," Joonie said. "I just wanted to say thank you for everything. I know it hasn't been easy with us being gone with rehearsals and meetings."

"You're welcome Joonie," I said. "I'm happy to be at the house with you guys. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world."

"It's true when Lucy first sent me your picture I fell for you, hard. That night I kissed you. I couldn't help myself."

"I thought it was because we were both drunk," I said. He smirked.

"Well, that too," I laughed. "But from that night on with all the lovemaking and the kissing, I knew that I did not want to let you go. And the night of the gala I was a little jealous because I couldn't bear the thought of losing you." I watched as he got in front of me and kneeled on one knee, reaching behind him to take something out of the basket. Was this really happening?

"Oh Namjoon," I breathed as he opened the box showing a beautiful gold ring with an aquamarine diamond.

"Haruna, will you marry me?"

Tears started streaming from my eyes. "Yes, Namjoon!" He placed the ring on my ring finger and I hugged him tightly. I let go of him and kissed him deeply and he lay me down on the blanket, looking into my eyes. "I guess you can tell Tae where the ring is now," I laughed. He leaned down and kissed me again, his hands tracing down my body. "Joonie," I whispered against his lips. "What if people are watching?"

He sat up and helped me up. "You're right," he said as we started to pack up and made our way back to the car. We hopped into the backseat as the driver put the basket in the trunk. Putting the privacy window up we started kissing."Is this better?" He moaned against my lips. I nodded and we made out on the way home. Thank God it was dark outside and the windows were tinted.