Bloody November - Chapter 6

Gauri couldn’t shake the uneasy feeling gnawing at her

Gauri couldn’t shake the uneasy feeling gnawing at her. Something about Anika’s behavior in that room didn’t sit right with her. Before she could delve deeper into her thoughts, Anika closed the door behind her and beckoned Gauri to follow her downstairs.

“I’ve figured out something that might help bail Omkara out,” Anika said, her urgency cutting through Gauri’s distractions.

Despite her lingering doubts, Gauri allowed herself to be diverted, her concern for Omkara overriding her curiosity about Anika’s secrecy.

Downstairs, they found Rajeev and Sayani in the midst of a heated argument. Their voices were raised, the air thick with tension.

“What’s going on?” Anika demanded, her voice slicing through the din.

Gauri, frustrated by their bickering, interjected, “Stop fighting like children! What’s the matter, Rajeev?”

Rajeev turned to her, his face flushed with anger. “We need to find out more about Jennifer Winget and the two men in the picture to reach a conclusion on this case. I’m going to track down that woman and those men.”

Gauri’s eyes widened with realization. “Omkara did recall that the woman in the picture was Jennifer.”

The only way to get Omkara out of prison was to confront Jennifer Winget. Sayani and Rajeev threw all their resources into finding her, but it was futile. Gauri visited Omkara in prison, explaining what they had deduced. She rushed back to the Oberoi Mansion, where they were strategizing their next move.

“That picture looks like they were old, happy friends,” Gauri muttered, lost in thought. Everyone nodded in agreement.

Suddenly, the landline rang. Rajeev answered it, his face growing serious. He handed the phone to Anika. Her expression turned grim as she put the call on speaker.

: Hello, beautiful people! Hope you’re doing well. I know you’re eager to meet me, and so am I. Let’s meet at the old Oberoi building ruin,” the caller said before hanging up.

“Was that Jennifer?” Rajeev asked, his voice tense.

Anika nodded, confirming their suspicions.

“Do you know where this ruin is?” Sayani asked, cutting to the chase.

Anika shook her head, baffled. Gauri tried to contact the police station, pleading for a quick talk with Omkara. After several pleas, they were granted five minutes.

Rajeev, meanwhile, passed by Shivaay’s room and noticed something off. “Oh shit! That wall…”

He entered the room, seeing that the wall had collapsed. Panicking, he ran to Anika, interrogating her about the wall. She brushed him off, continuing her work.

Frustrated, Rajeev snapped, “I’m done with this case. I’ll post on social media that my holidays are over and I’m back to work. You’re hiding clues, acting like a criminal, and don’t seem to want justice for your husband. This case is getting weirder by the day.”

He stormed off to pack his bags. Anika tried to stop him, but he ignored her. A few minutes later, Gauri gathered everyone, having found information about the ruin.

“I found out about the ruin,” Gauri exclaimed. Questions bombarded her.

“Where is it?” Rajeev demanded.

“Why do you care? You were about to leave,” Anika retorted.

“Were you serious, Rajeev?” Gauri asked.

“Sorry, I wasn’t thinking,” Rajeev apologized, sheepishly. "It's just came out of my mouth"

“Forget it. The ruin is behind this mansion,” Gauri revealed.

“That’s impossible. Shivaay told me there’s a forest back there that he planned to take over,” Anika countered.

“Let’s check it out,” Rajeev insisted.

“No, it’s too late. We’ll go in the morning,” Anika decided, though Rajeev’s curiosity burned.

That night, Rajeev couldn’t contain himself. He barged into Sayani’s room, startling her awake. She punched him in the stomach, pushing him onto the bed and turning on the light.

“You should have knocked!” she roared.

“Stop roaring like a lioness.”

“What are you doing here?” she asked seductively

“I doubt Anika and her behavior,” Rajeev gasped, recovering his breath.

“WHAT?” Sayani was taken aback.

“Sometimes, she doesn’t make sense. This case is getting more complicated, and I need to know about that ruin,” Rajeev growled.

“Get out, Rajeev,” Sayani snapped, throwing him out.

Despite her irritation, Sayani realized Rajeev’s suspicions held weight. Rajeev snuck out of the mansion, determined to explore the ruin without the others knowing. He wasn’t the only one seeking answers that night.

After navigating the dense forest, Rajeev found the ruin. Excitement surged through him at being the first to discover it. Then, he heard a rustling in the bushes. He kept moving towards the ruin, alert. Suddenly, he heard someone running. He turned back to see Anika emerge from the bushes, appearing to shield someone.

“What are you doing here?” she demanded.

“No, you tell me,” Rajeev shot back. Before he could say more, a scream pierced the air. Anika shone her flashlight towards the source. Gauri and Sayani appeared, their faces pale.

“I saw Shivaay!” Gauri gasped.

“How is that possible?” Anika mumbled, shaken.

Thoughts:
Some suspected Anika of orchestrating Shivaay’s murder to claim his wealth, while others believed she was merely overprotective, driven by love. The mystery deepened as they stood at the edge of the ruin, each step they took revealing more secrets and dangers.

><><><><

[Kindly comment and vote to show your support & appreciation. Your feedback means the world to us]