Chapter eighteen: Stormy days and White Haze

"Get out the car! Hurry!"

Elsa raised her hands and cleared the eight foot tall snow bank trapping a woman and her two kids in their car. She pushed as much snow away as she could and helped to pull them out at get them to safety. When she ran into the building nearby, Elsa backed away from the car and looked around. Squinting, she stared up at the swirling white storm that came out of no where.

All around her, buildings were covered with snow and ice and she couldn't even see far ahead with how much snow was still falling. She could hear her friends not too far away yelling to each other and helping to evacuate people who got caught in the blizzard, but they weren't much help. The cold never bothered her anyway, but she knew they wouldn't last much longer out here. She was trying to tame the storm as best as she could, but she could almost feel something pushing her back; something that was creating it.

In Elsa's head, she knew Jack wasn't behind this, she could feel how sinister this power was, but at the same time, it felt like it was his magic. She was trying to to panic, but Jack Frost was no where to be found and although this storm wouldn't kill him, it was highly unlikely he wouldn't show up to help his friends. She needed to find him because she knew he was in trouble.

"Elsa!" Rapunzel was screaming against the wind, "We're all over here! We n-need help!" Gritting her teeth, the white haired girl tried to look around. She cursed. The wind made it incredibly difficult the hear anything and she couldn't see at all. The storm was entirely out of control right now. What was she going to do?

Elsa felt her heart begin to pound and her palms started to sweat. She was getting scared. Her friends were trapped in the blizzard, just a few feet away from her and she couldn't see them, her parents were at home, freezing in an unprepared cold flash, and Jack was somewhere in trouble and probably needing her help.

All of these people needed her to save them, yet she wasn't good to any of them. If anyone, especially her loved ones, died in this storm, it would be on her hands.

She felt like all around her, the light was fading, and she began to shiver. But knowing that if she gave in to any of these emotions, the storm would only get worse. Then any bloodshed would really be her fault. She took a deep breath.

'All I need to do, is clear a few feet in front of me. Get to my friends, and get them to safety. Think warm thoughts.' As she often did whenever she wanted to calm herself down, Elsa thought about things that made her feel good. She thought about cheerleading with her classmates, she thought about spending time with her family, going to picnics with Merida and Rapunzel, the sun warm on her face, and she thought about Jack and all her love for him.

She could feel the wind die down, and when she opened her eyes, she could make out the outline of her friends a few feet to her left. Elsa marched against the wind that seemed to be pushing her back, until she made it to them.

Folding her hands into fists, she stomped the ground and brought up four walls of solid ice around them, then she let out a breath of relief.

Inside the ice tent, she could finally see all their faces, and they were protected from the storm. It was still chilly, but it was much better than being out there.

Rapunzel and Eugene were on the floor shivering against each other, and next to them, were Hiccup, Merida and Astrid. They were all pale and clammy, with their teeth chattering.

Elsa flopped onto the ground in exhaustion, closing her eyes. The adrenaline from the fear she felt made her head throb and she tried to take deep calming breaths. The could hear the wind cackling outside, but no one could move, except Rapunzel, who stuttered, "G-guys c-come c-closer."

They all huddled together for warmth, and Rapunzel began to sing.

"Flower, gleam and glow,

Let your power shine,

Make the clock reverse,

Bring back what once was mine,

Heal what has been hurt,

Change, the fate's design,

Save what has been lost,

Bring back what was mine,

What was was mine."

Elsa felt a soothing warmth envelope them and the color slowly came back to everyone's faces. For what felt like the millionth time in her life, she thanked the universe for Rapunzel's powers which always came into clutch.

"So," Hiccup started, "What...the Helheim was that?" Astrid widened her eyes. "It's Jack Frost isn't it? He's the only one who could do something like this!" Merida scowled at her. "Right, just assume it's Jack causing this whole mess."

"Who else could it possibly be? I don't know what you guys are trying to do, but this is crazy! We could have died!"

"Ay, you know what lass? I wish you had-"

"Shut up, both of you." They both glared at Elsa, but didn't say another word.

She put her head between her knees and sighed, "This is Jack's magic, but he's not the one controlling it. I think it's-"

"No. It can't be. Jack is too strong to be beat like that," Hiccup stared at the ground, "No one can take away his powers like that. Not even him." Rapunzel rubbed Elsa's back soothingly, "It's okay Els. Don't think that way. Jack is fine. He's strong."

"But he's not invincible. I know him. If he really did fight Pitch Black, then yeah, I do think he can lose. He's overconfident about his powers, and I don't think Pitch ever underestimated him. He's sly, and he's evil. Something happened to Jack. I know it." Eugene frowned, "Well we need to get out there and help him. We can't just leave him to let him die."

"In this weather?" Hiccup said, "The only one of us who stands a chance here is Elsa, and we're not letting her go out there alone." Elsa shook her head, "No. Jack isn't dead, or else the storm would go away. I think our best chance of finding him is to let him come to us."

Everyone stared at her a little shocked. What was she even suggesting?

Rapunzel cleared her throat. "She's right. This is Jack's fight, and he's the one he has to beat Pitch. We can help by making sure no one gets hurt. Because this looks like it's going to be a bloody battle."

Elsa squeezed her hand, grateful for the support. All she had to do was believe in Jack Frost, and pray to the gods that no one could tell she was lying about thinking that he wasn't dead.

A/N

I really really hope you guys enjoyed that chapter. The story is getting so much better for me to write and alsooooo I'm working on another Jelsa AU because I re watched Brooklyn 99 and I have so much motivation for it lol.

On a more personal note, I'll be migrating back to the US on Thursday so I'll have lots of time to write on the plane so you'll almost definitely get a chapter on Friday!

Finally, I wanna say thank you to BookLove192
lolhoneydrop

For adding HOD to their reading lists! That's all I have for now, so I'll see you in the next update my lovely butterbeans!